MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post a few pics from my short shifter install. The pics with my hand on the shifter are in 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively, and the pic of just the shifter in there is in neutral.

Btw, is there any way that I can tell what those wires running through the center console are? I have the set of BGBs, but haven't found it yet. I want to use one of them to wire my radar detector to...

http://65.29.187.145/~ian/sites.html

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh, thats what the red wire was, for the turbo timer.

As for the shifter, I got it on ebay, there was a big thread on it that I found when I was searching through threads. I guess it was a knock off of another one, got it for only 20 bucks but I guess its very good. Anyway, the knob did come with it, it definitely won't be staying though. I'm probably gonna get a new OEM one and a new boot before I put it back on....unless I can find a clean aftermarket knob, but thats tough to do, heh.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm gonna have to drive it before I give my full opinion. I actually just realized that I left out the drop down plate which is what actually shortens the throws, heh, oops. I'll get that in tomorrow maybe. I took the inssurance off the two right after my meet so I haven't been driving it. It feels nice and tight though, for the 20 bucks I spent on it I'd definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya I was almost gonna type that at the end of my last post. There's no way that the full price of a TRD or other expensive short shifter would have been worth it. But for 20 bucks?? hehe Even if it was just for something fun to do to my car 20 bucks is worth it to me...

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Spud said:
ya I was almost gonna type that at the end of my last post. There's no way that the full price of a TRD or other expensive short shifter would have been worth it. But for 20 bucks?? hehe Even if it was just for something fun to do to my car 20 bucks is worth it to me...
its still a cool and in your case a cheep mod.
the TRD is way over priced. I read that thread about the EBAY shifter last week.. let us know if it operates the same with the plate installed. also if you want a tighter feel get the brass bushings for the shift cables. easy install. you might have a rattle in the stick as there will be no place for vibration to be absorbed.

Trent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts