MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,
i was thinking to upgrade my '91 suspension bushing. i came across to Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing and High and Tight urethane bushings. which one is better as far as ride quality and comfort. and what is the difference between polyurethane and urethane ..?? does anybody have actually experience any of these bushing on their duece..?? any kinda input are welcome.

thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
No experience with Energy Suspensions but I can vouch for the H&T. The car handles much better and just feels great overall. Install was pretty easy too.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
If you were to replace the same componenets with either manufacturer, I doubt you would feel a difference. Either one will provide an inprovement of stock. Most MR2 owners use the Prothane ones b/c most of the retailers sell them. I have them on my MR2 and like them. I had the Energy Suspensions on my GTP and liked those too.

I would get the kit that replaces the most bushings, or the one that is the most cost effective.

-Scott

p.s. Where are you getting the Energy Suspension ones from?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kit would offer the most bushings for our duece anyways...?? well i dont really have the place to get them yet, but i noticed a couple board member are selling them.

thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
91 Posts
any affect on the highway from the bushings? specifically I'm wanting to know if the car "wanders" less on the highway with the performance bushings, (or maybe simply just new ones in liue of old tired bushings), maybe your car never had these problems to begin with..?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
boyracer420 said:
any affect on the highway from the bushings? specifically I'm wanting to know if the car "wanders" less on the highway with the performance bushings, (or maybe simply just new ones in liue of old tired bushings), maybe your car never had these problems to begin with..?
If your car "wanders" on the freeway, that has nothing to do with bushings and everything to do with a bad alignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts