MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

PROTHANE BUSHING kits on ebay..

827 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  David Hawkins 
#1 · (Edited)
prothane bushing kits on ebay..???

PROTHANE TOTAL KIT 85-89 MR2 ALL BUSHING SWAY BAR
http://cgi.ebay.ca/PROTHANE-TOTAL-K...ryZ33583QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
sounds like a good idea
but is there any different than tworus' one??

ebay:
Front and Rear Control Arm bushings
Sway Bar bushings
Front and Rear Strut Rod bushings
Steering Rack bushings

tworus:
Front and rear control arm bushings
Front and rear strut bar bushings.
Front anti-sway bar bushings.
Rear strut bar control arm to chassis bushings.
Steering rack to chassis bushings.

i am confuse on the strut bar and strut rod :p

See less See more
#7 ·
TeaBagofDeath said:
Are you going to pay the $20 difference? If not then don't whine to me. I think it is great what he did and he got screwed royally. I'm not made out of money and right now 20 bucks is a tank of gas I can use. So if I can save money I will.
#1. Yes, I'd pay the difference, but I'm not that far along in resurrecting my MR2.

#2. All the post you replied to did was present the information as to why the price was different. Nowhere did he say what to do. So why the hostility?

Would I pay the price difference if I didnt' know why? Nope. So the linked thread is relevant in making the decision.

#11 · (Edited)
Because in that post that was referred above my last post, everyone was griping about someone going to somebody who was selling it for less. If I had seen anywhere that I could get it for 90 shipped I would have gone with twosrus.com for a $5 dollar difference, but the fact was the only thing I saw was $105 on the site. When other people post their opinions on how someone else spends their money, it annoys the hell out of me. I didn't mean to come across as hostile, but I don't like people telling me how to spend my money.

Edit: He did have that deal running when I got my kit, but I never saw it. Seriously, I love to help out the board vendors, but if I can get it for less somewhere else, I will. That leaves me with more money for gas or other upgrades.

#13 ·
Can someone please post a long term review of these bushings? I've been thinking about getting them but my Dad put poly bushings on his Saab and they broke (yes broke) within a matter of months. I've also read that poly bushings pick up sand and wear away more quickly than rubber bushings. Has anybody ever had to replace poly bushings?

Or maybe I'm way off the mark here and prothane are different from normal poly bushings.

Whaddaya think?

-Eric

#16 ·
ewaustin said:
Can someone please post a long term review of these bushings? I've been thinking about getting them but my Dad put poly bushings on his Saab and they broke (yes broke) within a matter of months. I've also read that poly bushings pick up sand and wear away more quickly than rubber bushings. Has anybody ever had to replace poly bushings?

Or maybe I'm way off the mark here and prothane are different from normal poly bushings.

Whaddaya think?

-Eric
Polyurethane has a very high tensile strength and abbrasion resistance. The are also many different grades and durometers of polyurethane. Without knowing the grade your dad used it is very hard to tell why his broke within a few months.

#18 ·
Guys, this has been on the front page of our site for a while now:
If you find a lower advertised price on any item we carry, please give us a chance to match it before taking your business outside the MR2 community!
If I can match the price, I will. If I can't, I'll get as close as I can in an effort to keep your business.

I really appreciate those of you who understand that the profits I make go to putting out more products for our cars (like rear tie rods for the MKI...is that ebay guy going to do this?). That money you save by buying on ebay may put more gas in your car - but is it going to put more parts on your car when the well runs dry from Toyota?

I'm as close as a phone call. If you have questions about anything, call us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.