MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not reallyt he same as all the "what should I do threads" but I'de like some input from the guys around here with lots of knowledge.

ATS TD07 Kit
RMR Intake manifold
850 CC Injectors
Top feed Raid
Fuel Regulator
Autotronic ECU
Hotwired Supra Fuel Pump(I think this will do it based on the fact that this pump works on 3000gt's up to 720 cc injectors.)
Water Injection
ATS Stroker w/eagle rods
ATS valve springs
Oversized valves(suggested brands would be helpful)
Headporting
TMIC
Stage 3-4 spec clutch
Flywheel(brands would be nice)
Custom 3.5-4" exhaust
4" downpipe
70-80mm TB
BOV(help!)
ATS cv joints

Suspension is up in the air. Obviosuly this is not going to be a road course car, but will be driven on the street. Anything you would add change would be helpful.
I probably forgot a few things.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That 'monster' is going to be a street machine? Wow a little overkill in my opinion but good luck. When you say autotronic ECU I assume you mean Autronic stand-alone EMS?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thrillseeker197 said:
That 'monster' is going to be a street machine? Wow a little overkill in my opinion but good luck. When you say autotronic ECU I assume you mean Autronic stand-alone EMS?

Yes it will be standalone. I will probably run nitrous also. I think with the stroker itll help its streetability. I'm not worried about its streetability. It will be straightlined also.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The stroker will only help with the area under the curve. It will help the low end but probably not to the level you might think. The TD07 has to be a late booster I would imagine. It probably doesn't hit full boost till 4000+ rpms.

Others correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thrillseeker197 said:
The stroker will only help with the area under the curve. It will help the low end but probably not to the level you might think. The TD07 has to be a late booster I would imagine. It probably doesn't hit full boost till 4000+ rpms.

Others correct me if I'm wrong.

250rpms slowler spool(approx) then a 20g, also take the stroker into consideration which ibleive takes off around 500 rpms of the spool? So it will spool around 250 RPMS FASTER then a 20g on the stock 2.0

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Today I finally realized the combination of things that causes MR2 owners to be so anal about anything that spools later than a CT26 is not "streetable" at all.

1: We have a stock fast-spooling turbo, so everything else feels "laggy." Civic owners were already used to VTec, so they have never minded waiting til 5K for power.

2: Our car has a very "sporty-handling" feel, so many believe that too much power will decrease that feel. I believe Jeff Fazio has definately proved that wrong.

About the list.

It looks good to me! Sounds like you have a good plan.

Btw, Im going for a 10-second capable street car myself so good luck with those goals!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Po' Kid said:
Today I finally realized the combination of things that causes MR2 owners to be so anal about anything that spools later than a CT26 is not "streetable" at all.

1: We have a stock fast-spooling turbo, so everything else feels "laggy." Civic owners were already used to VTec, so they have never minded waiting til 5K for power.

2: Our car has a very "sporty-handling" feel, so many believe that too much power will decrease that feel. I believe Jeff Fazio has definately proved that wrong.

About the list.

It looks good to me! Sounds like you have a good plan.

Btw, Im going for a 10-second capable street car myself so good luck with those goals!
Po Iknow you know your stuff, do you have any other suggestion? Possibly things you would add, maybe some things I don't need?

Im really not worried about the boost threshhold of the turbo just because I know I can open it up on the street just as well. I don't understand why a car isn't streetable? Its a non turbo car till you go start to spool it. Keep the rpms down and watch the torttle and its streetable. Besides the injectors being huge I guess and agreesive cams.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
sleeperneon676 said:
ATS TD07 Kit
I had looked into this kit also. It will do very well I think.

sleeperneon676 said:
RMR Intake manifold
Thats most like what I'll be going with.

sleeperneon676 said:
850 CC Injectors
Top feed Rail
Fuel Regulator
This will go well with that turbo.

sleeperneon676 said:
Autotronic ECU
Good choice from wha tI've heard.

sleeperneon676 said:
Hotwired Supra Fuel Pump(I think this will do it based on the fact that this pump works on 3000gt's up to 720 cc injectors.)
You seem to have a nack for picking everything with almost identical power / flow limits (just shy of 500RWHP for most of your major items).

sleeperneon676 said:
Water Injection
I'll be using this also. I wouldnt both using it except for your pump gas tuning. Ill have mine turn on at about 15 PSI (most of my driving will be at about 13 so I wont really need it).

sleeperneon676 said:
ATS Stroker w/eagle rods
Good choice.

sleeperneon676 said:
ATS valve springs
I might also end up going with these.

sleeperneon676 said:
Headporting
Another good choice for more power with less boost. Email chrisK for choices.

sleeperneon676 said:
That or a nice top mount should do fine for you. I also plan on using either the Speed Factor top mount or the Full-Race top mount for my setup.

sleeperneon676 said:
Stage 3-4 spec clutch
My car will be running a Spec Stage III. A Stage IV would might be a nice upgrade if you plan on doing alot of race gas-tune launches.

sleeperneon676 said:
Fidanza or Stock. I stuck with stock because It will primarily be a street car / drag car so that little extra acceleration IMO isnt a good tradeoff for streetability and especially a greater potential for falling out of boost between shifts (more relaxed shifts at least).

sleeperneon676 said:
Custom 3.5-4" exhaust
Good idea also. But don't make it smaller than what comes with the kit.

sleeperneon676 said:
4" downpipe
Unless the ATS kit comes with one (I didnt think it did), I dont think its really necessary to make a larger custom one unless you really want to.

sleeperneon676 said:
70-80mm TB
The Mustang (dunno which one) 75mm TB has been a proven choice and is what I'll be going with.

sleeperneon676 said:
BOV(help!)
Stock vented to the atmosphere after you get your car tuned with the autronic will be fine. Any other BOV you get would be purely based on sound. IIRC the stock BOV when vented has a kindof "Ka-ka-ka" sound that you may or may not like.
ATS cv joints

sleeperneon676 said:
Suspension is up in the air. Obviosuly this is not going to be a road course car, but will be driven on the street. Anything you would add change would be helpful.
Your basic Strut/Spring combo should be plenty to keep the car looking good and keep it handling. Something stiffer will also help with launching and high speed stability.

I can't think of anything that you should include. It seems you've done your homework for your build, so Id say you're ready unless you have any more detailed questions.

P.S. Sorry I didnt reply earlier, my GF was yelling at me to get off the computor :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P.S. Sorry I didnt reply earlier, my GF was yelling at me to get off the computor :rolleyes:

Its no problem thanks for your confidence.

The 4 in. DP Im just trying to get as far away from restriticon as possible. I understand the 4 inch MAY be oversized....

One question I do have is about how the external wastegate MM will affect things. Granted, I trust ATS with providing the best for the kit but wondered what the difference is.....Also what type of dump system I should use?

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
sleeperneon676 said:
This is not reallyt he same as all the "what should I do threads" but I'de like some input from the guys around here with lots of knowledge.

ATS TD07 Kit
RMR Intake manifold
850 CC Injectors
Top feed Raid
Fuel Regulator
Autotronic ECU
Water Injection
ATS Stroker w/eagle rods
ATS valve springs
Headporting
TMIC
Stage 3-4 spec clutch
Custom 3.5-4" exhaust
4" downpipe
70-80mm TB
BOV(help!)
ATS cv joints

1) the SPEC clutch you should use is the stage3+ -- the stage3 probably won't live long under all that TQ and abuse ;)

2) the SPEC billet steel lightweight flywheel would be a great choice -- fits stroker motors no problem

3) BOV you choose should depend on what sound you like to hear -- just research this since you'll have to live with the noise

4) depending on the usage you could use several different styles of valves ranging in price from $225 a set to $325 a set.... or more

5) we do head porting and engine building ;)

6) we should be coming out with a TMIC kit here soon...... =D

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mister3 said:
1) the SPEC clutch you should use is the stage3+ -- the stage3 probably won't live long under all that TQ and abuse ;)

2) the SPEC billet steel lightweight flywheel would be a great choice -- fits stroker motors no problem

3) BOV you choose should depend on what sound you like to hear -- just research this since you'll have to live with the noise

4) depending on the usage you could use several different styles of valves ranging in price from $225 a set to $325 a set.... or more

5) we do head porting and engine building ;)

6) we should be coming out with a TMIC kit here soon...... =D
Do you do sponsorships :) lol

I dont need anyone to actually build the motror ian do that myslef but I need parts at a decent price :)

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
sleeperneon676 said:
Do you do sponsorships :) lol

I dont need anyone to actually build the motror ian do that myslef but I need parts at a decent price :)
we try to give the best deals possible -- i do "sponsor" Mike Colon (TEC2RM) and Jeff Fazio (jekyl&hyde) and i really need to sponsor myself some day =D

anyways -- email me a detailed list of what you are needing and i'll see what i can do in regards to pricing for ya

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mister3 said:
we try to give the best deals possible -- i do "sponsor" Mike Colon (TEC2RM) and Jeff Fazio (jekyl&hyde) and i really need to sponsor myself some day =D

anyways -- email me a detailed list of what you are needing and i'll see what i can do in regards to pricing for ya

Email sent.
Ide put some writing on my car for deals :) lolol, unfortunatly i don't go to shows or plan to :) But you could have the car for the winter months and show it off as much as youwant! muahahaha

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
Why the Autronic? Do you already have it? It's a good EMS, but not plug and play, and a bit overpriced these days, with the U.S. vs. Aussie exchange rate.

I'd go with either the AEM or the Nemesis plug and play EMS. They will save you money buying the EMS, and time installing it.

Ken

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KBlake said:
Why the Autronic? Do you already have it? It's a good EMS, but not plug and play, and a bit overpriced these days, with the U.S. vs. Aussie exchange rate.

I'd go with either the AEM or the Nemesis plug and play EMS. They will save you money buying the EMS, and time installing it.

Ken

I was gonna buy a bulk of ____ from your site but people stopped responding lol

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
sleeperneon676 said:
I was gonna buy a bulk of ____ from your site but people stopped responding lol
Yeah I figured you were going with that because ATS stocks and tunes them. Although the priced jumped up alot, and I think they may be offering AEMs now, so ask them about that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts