MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 176 of 176 Posts
Discussion starter · #161 ·
mtbmr2 said:
Swapping knuckles and axles early in this car's development just weren't in the cards. I'll probably dedicate sometime this weekend in my favorite junkyards. and see what I can turn up.

Otherwise, I got this welder and I need to learn to use it better.

Sometimes its that way but developing an inferior design is somewhat counter productive ;)

As for the welder, start with the early setup and go from there.

I am buying a new welder myself. :thumbup

Discussion starter · #163 ·
I like the gauge panel but when none of the gauges match, they look confusing to me.

I like the logger dash but it depends on what you need for a logger as to its value.

I have a big tach and then the gauges are just a simple ready made set on the tunnel along with the Painless Wiring switch box. I love the switch box. Its perfect for what I need and comes ready to rock with all of the wiring and fuses in place. The switches are even lit. Sorry for the poor quality photo, it was taken in the garage at night without a flash.

I like the gauge panel but when none of the gauges match, they look confusing to Me.
Yeah it kind of lacks maybe all the different gauges are why I don?t like it.

I have all kinds of stuff I?ve collected over the years

Another option is some of these tablets have all kinds apps I even saw one for a heads up display for a car

The big thing I like about the AIM or Racepak is you can program alarms

Say you want an alarm to go off if the oil press goes down to 15PSI

The down side is the cost of the sensors but there might be a way around that.

Davegt27

http://prosportgauges.com/premium_series_peak_warning_gauges.aspx

Oil pressure ~$105. Includes sender and mounting cup.
Coolant temp ~$70

My only 2 gauges are water temp and oil pressure. The alarms are very audible even with a running grid (oil pressure sounds when the ignition switch is on but the engine isn't running) the faces also alternate colors to get your attention

Discussion starter · #169 ·
Change of topic:

Hey Zack. I saw where you installed an aftermarket radiator, what unit and where did you find it?

I am working on a complete front end makeover which requires I rethink the radiator location and mounting.

XHead said:
Hey Zack. I saw where you installed an aftermarket radiator, what unit and where did you find it?

I am working on a complete front end makeover which requires I rethink the radiator location and mounting.
It is the Wizard Radiator: http://www.customaluminumradiator.com/node/32031
from when Bill (Strong) did the group buy a couple years ago. It has 50% more volume and w/ an 11" fan it's kept things cool.

You going to tilt/tip the rad forward/out the now legal vent hole?

I started tearing the car down a bit more this weekend, here's my time lapse with a new camera placement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RYA-8pbnM&feature=plcp

hey guys, i'm running out of ideas to make (myself) a turbo restrictor. i could obviously pay a ton of money to someone to do it. but i'm just seeing if perhaps i've missed something. i'm using a precision 5858cea with the ported s cover (4") and i need to make that 46mm.

Discussion starter · #173 ·
mtbmr2 said:
It is the Wizard Radiator: http://www.customaluminumradiator.com/node/32031
from when Bill (Strong) did the group buy a couple years ago. It has 50% more volume and w/ an 11" fan it's kept things cool.

You going to tilt/tip the rad forward/out the now legal vent hole?

I started tearing the car down a bit more this weekend, here's my time lapse with a new camera placement: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RYA-8pbnM&feature=plcp
Hmmm, nice but at $500 a bit extravagant. Were you having cooling issues? I had none with the OE radiator and an aftermarket fan.

I pretty much have the new aero done and want to change the airflow path in the front of the car. Yes, vent it through the hood and repositioning the radiator would improve the airflow.

Discussion starter · #174 · (Edited)
Had a chance over the Christmas Holidays to get some work done on the car. The splitter and spoiler are done. Photos to follow. Today I started work on relocating the fuel cell.

Originally, the cell was not mounted the way I wanted. The previous owner/builder mounted it backwards and too high. Not sure why, it worked OK but not what I would have done.

Original location (note ports on the front of the cell):

I wanted to mount it at the bottom of the frunk and turn it so the fuel pickups were at the rear. To do this I had to cut a port in the rear of the frunk.

Well, after working on this location some, it really didn't fit very well. The problem was the pickup kept the cell from fitting squarely in the bottom. So I cut a larger port so the pickup's drop would hang into the new opening.

With the cell in position. I still need to clean up the opening and install the cell's mounts. Viewing from under the floor pans looking forward at the rear of the frunk floor.

Next, I install the mounts and reroute the fuel lines. The pump and filter will get relocated to the tunnel.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.