MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and everyone said you need "sensors" but there has been no specific list as to what is needed...

I have the harness already...

From what Ive read:

MAP Sensor (GM Map sensor work?)
IAT Sensor (GM work as well?)
Gen III Igniter
550cc injectors

Also, I knwo for the map you can cut off the AFM and just stright wire in the MAP...but for the IAT, there would be extra wires that go back to the PFC but would there be wires coming out of the harness to wire them into?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
if you have the correct number for the P-rows , the gm map might work ( ask MRLAW he is using a gmmap on the pfc )

the iat ..use the gen2 IC fan one , the one hanging on the engine hood , its the same sensor

the MAT , you will need a rev3 mat !

gen3 igniter for as far i know. in my case the gen2 gave me a rev cut @ 5800 rpm
but i've heard someone is using the gen2 igniter, and revs up to 8000 rpm , i'm not sure on that.

550cc injectors .. HIGHLY RECOMMED !!!!!!! rather go buy 850cc , you can fully control them anyway.

about the map and iat . just cut the connector from the map wires , and wire the GM map on it , both use 5volt , ground , signal.

for the iat , cut the maf wires , and use the 2 existing , iat wires in !

you will not have any problems anymore , and be able to throw away the ugly AFM !

good luck buddy !

·
Registered
966 Posts
yes I'm using the stock gen 2 ignitor and can rev to 8K maybe (probably more )

the the gm AIT won't give you the correct temp so you may be able to adjust the settings to change the temp vs. inj and temp vs ign. .It's easier to use the gen3

I'm using the GM map 3 bar sensor you will have to use 41800 for scale and 0 for offset and go fro there .......

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will probably have more questions soon...

Thanks a lot so far! Im getting ready to start peicing all this togeather.

-Chris

·
Registered
981 Posts
do we have to use both a gm ait sensor and mat sensor when running a pfc? when i do research on it it seems that both sensors are wired up to the same afm wires.. so do i just need one or the other? or do i have to run both?

Marc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts