MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help on what settings need to change to get this even drivable to the tuner? It's setting at a healthy 10 a/f ratio which makes it undrivable.
What settings or any help on Copilot would be appreciated.
Running 850cc side feed injectors. 40psi base fuel pressure, 10 degrees timing set and checked.
No idle air control valve. GM MAT and gen 2 IAT, gen 3 MAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
I just took a quick look add the pictures and for a gm 3 map you will need a different pim scale setting.
I have to check my old dat file ,but im pretty sure it was 6270 for scale and 0 for offset
engine off key on the map trace should be at 10000.
if that doesnt work you can always change the injectors to 45 or even 40 under settings 5

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will get the GM map sensor settings in there and attempt again.

It seems on the idle learn it idles at 12-14.5 a/f ratio. Then once it starts to finalize the idle, it drops to 10.0 - 10.8 a/f ratio.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the misunderstanding on the sensors.
GM MAT
Gen3 MAP
Gen 2 IAT

So I would not need to adjust the MAP offsets.
But will look up the GM MAT sensor settings.

·
Registered
966 Posts
sorry I wasn't reading it correctly. I would then just adjust the injector setting in setting 5 to reduce the amount of fuel being injected. Try 45 or 40 % or lower

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try that.
Wonder why it's injecting more fuel now. Seems odd. I have a spare water temp sensor I might try swapping.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sensors all working Nd cycling.
Turned off O2 feedback and doesn't make any difference.
Tuner friend came over. He pulled fuel off the idle cells and it's a bit better.
Said to put back my Idle air valve which will help so you don't have to lean out the map and the valve will function properly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts