MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's cold out. I know my car isn't cold weather tuned. Attempting to do this. Started car, it was very rich. Quickly working to change the water temp to PIM settings.

Then car dies, won't start on crank. Pull plugs. They're soaked in gas. Car was driving fine until it got cold.
Using a gen3 map sensor.
Settings: 6986 and offset 5592

Now my PIM voltage # on the monitor page is red and out of range. Any advice?
Font Rectangle Handwriting Display device Number

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Font Parallel Rectangle Diagram Drawing

Further reading, this # is in range but unsure why fc-edit colored it red?

I've pulled all the plugs and covered so nothing can fall in.
Hopes the cylinders dry out as the plugs were soaked in gas.
Hand Hood Automotive tire Gesture Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The top BGB voltage is the sensor supply voltage. The output range is usually capped at 4.5V to maintain linearity. It sounds like your MAP sensor is dead if it’s shorted to sensor voltage. The ECU thinks it’s seeing 26 psi of boost or whatever the sensor maxes out at.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm this is why on the afr monitor map, it's pinned at the P20 and 400rpm cell.
I wonder why this happened? Any ideas?

I'll check the ground under intake manifold but my guess is that would give more inj issues if it came off. But I'll give it a good clean again but it was recent refreshed when I fixed up my intake manifold leaks.

I'll clean the map and pray that it's gummed up in the vac port and stuck. But they usually don't get stuck.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The top BGB voltage is the sensor supply voltage. The output range is usually capped at 4.5V to maintain linearity. It sounds like your MAP sensor is dead if it’s shorted to sensor voltage. The ECU thinks it’s seeing 26 psi of boost or whatever the sensor maxes out at.
yes bad map sensor. Or the signal wire is shorted to positive.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Low chances signal wire shorted to positive but I'll look into it. But I think I need to accept that the sensor is pooched.
Odd that it happened when I was cranking the car over but I guess, when is it going to die?! Never a good time.

Did a lot of reading on calibrating another MAP sensor to the power fc. Stay tuned for that thread in here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts