MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there guys.

i am running my power FC + datalogit with the 3.5bar aem map sensor
but i am having some trouble by filling in the P-rows.

since this sensor is nor formilliar with the power fc i need to put a lot of inforation in the power fc to run this sensor.

is there anyone out here that might use the same sensor and allready have the P-row number for me , or can tell me how to set it up in the power fc ?

for what i know this far about the sensor is :

0-5 volt range

0.5volt = -14.7 psi
4.5 volt = 35.3 psi

signal is linair
and i allready made my self a diagram of the voltage curve ( pim ) VS pressure , but i still dont understand how to use this sensor properly.

also , the power fc is asking me to fill in 5 number per p-row :S , i thought it might asked for voltage VS pressure ... but it didn't :(

please help me how to use this sensor couse its driving me crazy.

its this sensor :

regards :
Peter

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Have you tried the procedures for scaling a map sensor in the dataloggit manual?

I tried and failed with e GM one lol ... so I'm leaving it for the tuner to sort out :D

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn't try anything yet , i have no idea of what to do and where, all i can find are the Map P-rows.

i just want to have the new numbers :D

MRLAW has try to help me alot , he's a great guy !!!!
but i still dont understand how to measure my sensor and to fill it in :(

·
Registered
981 Posts
so gm sensors wont work on a ap engineering power fc? im gonna get my car tuned with this unit in the next couple of weeks and wanna knwo for sure so i dont run into any problems

Marc

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi there mr2 liter. yeah we mailed about it to each other ....remem ? :D

well i stopped trying to use the 3.5 bar map , i bought with all my anger a GM MAP , couse i know for sure it will work , and the scale and offset data is availbe on the several rx7 boards.

you might wanne buy a gm map also , or even better the apexi map ( same as avc-r ) those are more easy to connect and adjust to the pfc .

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL ... no not really , but if understand evreything correct , you could stretch the p-row resolution , or start @ ...for expamle 12 psi. and than make steps till 36 psi.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
from what i understand . with a 3 bar map everything above 2 bar of boost would be a blur to the standalone. SO there for not really safe.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
mysw20g said:
so gm sensors wont work on a ap engineering power fc? im gonna get my car tuned with this unit in the next couple of weeks and wanna knwo for sure so i dont run into any problems

Marc
No I didnt say that Marc - I said I couldnt set it up properly .... lol .... trying to guestimate 1 bar of pressure using a foot pump on a scale of 30,000 units on the power FC isnt easy to do accurately lol!

I'm going to get my tuner to do mine :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm about to cross this bridge myself, getting the power fc in a few days, though I'll be
waiting for the dataloggit interface for a while. I've heard the DL is absolutly neccessary for accurate tuning as well as the setting up of the ecu for the gm
map sens? can anyone validate? I'm curious about the out come of this thread
for it will greatly help others too :)
Josh
BTW that looks like the sender on my fp guage.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
"can anyone validate?" - I dont know if a gm sensor can be setup with a commander - I dont have a commander.

My car will be getting a GM sensor calibrated onto my fc my mid april, so I'll post up the scale and offset the tuner went with.

Perhaps a comprehensive power fc thread could be done once a few of the cars are up and running with all this kind of data and stickied in this forum for future reference.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for the gm map the scale is 41800 , and offset 0

but what about the 3.5 bar aem map ? there are over 10000 combinations of scale and offset possible :(

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I thought 41800 and offset 0 was supposed to be an estimate per the datalogit instructions - it says to try calibrating it for you individual sensor doesn't it. I remember when I did mine, I think I came back with 44500 or something like that but it wasnt quite right when driving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts