MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have had my swap done for almost a year now.

Can anyone help me with the problems I have that arose from the swap or tell me what caused them.

First of all, my Cruise Control no longer works, I thought about removing it because of this, but I would like to first know why it doesn't work.

My drivers side power mirror no longer functions, I can not move the mirror.

I have a JDM Gen II, with a USDM Body Harness, and JDM Engine Harness for reference.

Also when I run a US ECU I get a check engine light, I presume that is from the non-existant EGR system correct?

Thanks alot for the help.

Wesam

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
#1 you probably did not wire it up there are changes in the wiring that needs to be done to have it function... if you went n/a to turbo you will need a different cc box anyway ( one near the ic) to make the ic pipes fit properly
#2 there should have been nothing you did pertaining the swap that would have affected your mirror
#3 check the codes they will tell you what is wrong

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The IC Pipes fit fine. Just the cable is really tight inbetween them.

Yea Ill double check the ECU codes, when I go back to the USDM Ecu.

And what kind of wiring do I need to do to get the CC working?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
your cruise control should work there are no differences there
mine worked just fine just pluged the speed sensor in and bame

now i have gen3 though and my cruise is gone for the moment dahm

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
hhhmmmm the 91 has a diferent throttlebody inlet pipe its tappered, the 93 is not

is the tranny cable or electronic?

there are more ways to tell i just cant remember them
the ecu have different pinout between the jdm 91's and the jdm 93 aswell

i ran into that problem in my first swap i had a 91 harness with a 93 motor and ecu and it was all messed up

·
Registered
445 Posts
redsled said:
hhhmmmm the 91 has a diferent throttlebody inlet pipe its tappered, the 93 is not

is the tranny cable or electronic?

there are more ways to tell i just cant remember them
the ecu have different pinout between the jdm 91's and the jdm 93 aswell

i ran into that problem in my first swap i had a 91 harness with a 93 motor and ecu and it was all messed up
Did you ever get your cruise to work? I have a 93 motor in a 91 car. I don't know how to get the cruise control to work. I even looked at the wiring diagrams for 91 and 93, and it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
isnt the 93 electronic speedo?

i have a 92 car and had a 93 motor and i had to change the speed sensor on the tranny to the cable style then it all worked

·
Registered
445 Posts
I changed the electronic speed sensor to the mechanical speed sensor. The only problem that I see the cruise control not working is the mechanical speed sensor plug did not mate with the 93 electronic plug. I looked up the wiring diagrams and sodered the wires correctly. There were 3 wires in both plugs. All the wires had the same function but was different colors due to the change in being an electronic speedo. If I remember corrrectly , the mechanical plug had black, yellow, and pink. The electronic plug had brown, purple, and black. If you can tell me what you did to make it work, that would be awesome as I had no luck with it.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
you ever check the ecu codes?

you are bound to have some simple wiring issues.... could be the you don't have the proper inputs on the ecu to export the speed sig. to the cc unit or a number of thing.
i have a 93 car and did a gen3 swap where in most situations the cc never works and very few get the ac functioning properly both work on my car and i would not have it any other way

i must apologize you guys i have been uber busy lately so i have not been able to help out as much as norm. but ill get back into the swing of it asap

·
Registered
445 Posts
redsled said:
i just remembered my motor was 93 and the ecu was 93 but the harness was a 92

i wonder if that is why it worked for me
Thats prolly why it worked you used the old harness...but yet I see people who do gen 3 swaps, and they say that there CC worked...I wish someone could shine a light on this.

I ran CC Codes, and they say its all functioning...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
the jdm wiring is a little diferent then the usdm wiring just open the 2 ecu's and look at the pins they are all marked on the board

·
Registered
452 Posts
I did a 91 US to 93+ JDM swap. I'm using the JDM engine with the USDM harness and ECU. My cruise doesn't work either, the cruise light comes on when I push the button but it won't hold speed. I changed out the speed sensor pickup and everything is hooked up right...I think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts