MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago, i had a 1992 Mr2 Turbo that I bought from a dealer. It had the worst sound of any vehicle I've ever owned, but it also blew a tranny 4 days after I bought it and the dealer returned my money, so I never had to face this problem. I just bought a 1993 mr2, and once again, I have a vehicle that sounds like ____. It even has the factory subwoofer option, but is still far too tinty.

What sort of options do I have to get good sound. Audio stores keep telling me that I have 4's all around, so I can't see just aftermarket speakers making much difference. I've listened to a set of crossfire 4's that cost about 60/pair, and a pair of diamond audio ... m6's i believe, that cost 319/pair, and I'm not really satisfied with the low end sound of either.

What options would I have to get some bass... either remove the stock subwoofers and have a custom box made that protrudes down into the holes from the stock subs... or something else perhaps. How can i get some bass in the mr2.

Please help

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
check the siggy you have lots of options..... also there is a stycky on what size speakers fit in all the factory locations

1 - 2 of 2 Posts