MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a sirius radio (Go Stern) and I noticed that in my wifes 01' ford escape I am able to shut the truck off, pull out the key, but still be able to turn on the unit. Now in my 92' camery I don't have a power outlet so I use the cigarette lighter, but when I turn the car off I am not able to power on the unit, is there anyway I could get the cigarette lighter to give constant power? The reason I want to do this is so that at work I can leave the radio on in the car and receive the signal in the office!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Rather than hack your car's wiring you can add a cigarette lighter socket and wire it directly to the car's battery. Radio shack carries a few. As for getting the signal in the office, I would test it out before going any further. Why not purchase a home kit for your radio?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have the home kit on order, but rather then bring it back and forth from work and home.... And I tested the radio at work and Howard comes in loud and clear!

Thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
'02 and newer chevys have a constant 12 volt cig. lighter.

but ive never seen one on a yota

·
Registered
924 Posts
There's always something "hot" on the car you can wire from. For example, most people hardwire their radar detectors from a dome light. This is one item that has juice all of the time.
Making the cig lighter always hot is very simple, but then again, I have been MECP for many years. Find someone that knows what they are doing that can set up what you need without cutting wires, and hack stuff like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts