MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I have a 93 Mr2 that I've been slowly fixing and updating things on, and I recently just hit a snag with a leak the car developed. In few days I was going to do a coolant flush because the coolant has turned a brownish color which I only just recently noticed, but my brother pointed out that there are stains in our drive way where the car sits, and I'm not positive if it's oil, coolant, or a mixture. When I got home today from a 4.2 mile trip (there and back) the car started a slow drip. I raised the car just enough to get under but couldn't nail an exact spot for sure. The liquid didn't look dark enough to be oil, it also didn't smell like oil or coolant, but I know they can sometimes mix which is a bad omen. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,014 Posts
Oil back that far is either the distributor. Could be the external or internal seals. Or head gasket or valve cover.
Reach under the distributor and check if there is oil coming out of that. Also take off the cap and rotor and look inside to check for the internal leak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.