MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the subject says. Does anyone have port flow numbers for the stock or 'very lightly ported' 5S-FE. Any year will do. I do need the numbers in this format though:

_______ CFM at ______ Valve lift

Intake and exhaust if you have it.

All the information you have would be great. Oh, yeah, I did search for it and found some numbers on the 3S-GTE but not the 5S.

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
a lower flow head can make more power than a higher flow head.. even at high rpm!

.. i dont have the info you're looking for, sorry.. what exactly are you trying to do? im curious :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned Dynomation for just under a year now, and I need the flow numbers to properly model the 5S-FE in stock form. I need this so that when I make changes to the engine simulation I know what does what, if it worked and if so how.

Oh yes, need the pressure drop used on the flow bench too.

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
553 Posts
Bump. Anybody have this info?

I want to play around with these motors in Desktop Dyno a bit. Yeah, it will give a ZIP code of performance potential at best but it's still a good way to figure out whether or not a given cam or RPM range is feasible for a setup.

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
I just talked to Dan Paramore at DPR racing. He has built some high HP 5SFEs. I need to call him back as he is swamped right now. But I will try and get the stock flow numbers from him.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a head at a shop to be flowed, but they are swamped and their flow bench went down. I'm still waiting for the numbers.

Thanks Bill!!!!

Nate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts