MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4age fitted on e11 lift back corolla which on last tank i got like 18l/100km and its always like that 15-19/km even though i comnected the o2 sensor which was unplugged when i bought the car and the car behaved strangely like very late response on throttle a sometimes like i pressed 50% after i pressed the throttle 25% after 2 seconds “all with ac on” i dont guess i have a thermostat because i only near to my operating temp is at really hot days at 2pm all the time car is at the beginning of the gauge i also had a problem with the fam stays off so i disconnected the fan switch so it stays on. The car changed after plugging the o2 sensor but not a noticeable increase in milage. Also when ac is on the car is also very heavy and it’s noticeably slower and like when im pressing 50% of throttle its like 30% i have stock at ecu and engine with 5mt gearbox.. i also heard about tps adjustment will they affect performance at wot?

·
Premium Member
12,616 Posts
Sounds like there are a number of issues with the engine that need to be fixed. I suggest that you start with the ones that you can identify, take care of them one by one, and see what you get. Trying to find a silver bullet that makes things right is a fool's errand.

The TPS has very little effect on how the car runs. It only provides a small improvement in throttle response, and it shuts off fuel when you are coasting. If you suspect it, you can just unplug it and run without it as a test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like there are a number of issues with the engine that need to be fixed. I suggest that you start with the ones that you can identify, take care of them one by one, and see what you get. Trying to find a silver bullet that makes things right is a fool's errand.

The TPS has very little effect on how the car runs. It only provides a small improvement in throttle response, and it shuts off fuel when you are coasting. If you suspect it, you can just unplug it and run without it as a test.
Yea i know i tried to list the stuff i got or had done i know it not a one problem could be a matter of a lot of things so i listed what i can and what i have done and described the car so someone can tell me what things remain to be checked i also notice the car to be incredibly heavy when crusing at 10-15% throttle with the ac or on just on highway the response is 100% better. And also you know guys here had a lot of experiences with the 4age and had problems before that might be related to my issues with the car. I tested the vaccum today from 2 hoses it was 16hg i know its low but i dont know if it matters

1 - 3 of 3 Posts