MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 turbo and i've installed an apex'i AVC-R and HKS FCD, i also hav an apex'i intake, CT20B turbo, spearco inercooler, Blitz down pipe and Greddy SP exhaust. the downpipe and exhaust and intercooler wear just added but i've had the other things on for couples months. my low boost is 10psi and high boost is 15psi, only run high wen street racing, not often. today i was driving on the high way like i normally do at low boost and the car just started boosting to 18psi and hitting fuel cut, the AVC-r's set boost is being overboosted, could a vacum hose hav fallen off or something? i looked but im not a mechanic, any ideas? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok not sure which hose to check , but it's not really spiking, like spike would go up the come down, it's like running right to fuel cut and if the defender wasn't there then it would probably hold there, i'm scared =(

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lines are not cracked, im thinking the AVC-r solinoid might be defective, but why would it just stop working after months of working perfectly, im getting really fed up, what else could it be? also what is the sensor under the intake manifold?

·
Registered
173 Posts
might check to make sure the wastegate arm is not hitting your downpipe and keeping it from opening up, this happened to me but it was a KO downpipe. still might want to check

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also with the AVC-r , if i wanted to bypass the boost controller and run the stock boost level, would i be able to just connect hoses or do electrical components need to be removed along with the whole avcr?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wisdom62 ,

i hav a blitz dp, and it's been in my car for a week and was running fine up until yesterday, did your problem start right after u installed your DP, i don't understand why i would work fine and sundenly not

G

·
have you ever check with your wastegate? i have this kind of problem on last month and my problem is the wastegate. there is one nut inside of the wastegate which should be on the top of the valve. i found that nut loosen. ( sorry , my englisg is not good! )

·
Registered
173 Posts
never mind then, thought the problem started right after installation. as mine did. Not exactly sure how the AVC+r is connected but you could run the stock hose from the compressor side of the turbo to the actuator and cap off the tvsv side of the actuator, that should only give you 7psi or so

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
does anyone know of a shop that specializes or has worked on a lot of MR2's, that is in the Toronto area?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, i think it's the wastegate actuator, but i don't think it's hitting anything, seeing as how the blitz dp looks exactly like the stock cat. i ran a hose from the compressor to the wastegate and it's still over boosting, so im pretty sure my AVC-r is fine. today imma do a vacum test on the wastegate actuator. if it is the actuator, is it possible to replace without dropping the turbo? also it's a CT20B, would my wastegate actuator off of my old CT26 fit on it? And if it doesn't will i be able to order a wastegate actuator from Toyota for a CT20B?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts