MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the www.padandwheels.com suspension page, but the pictures aren't very good for seeing wheel gap etc. (Especially the Eibach page). So, if you have either of these springs on your car, please post a pic. Thanks!

edit: mods, please leave this in general mk1 for a while so people will see it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
i put on the eibach pro kit springs with tokico struts. even after letting the springs settle after a few weeks of driving, i swear the car sits a 1/2" higher. some 1" drop i got!

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
My 88 sits about the same height with the Eibachs as it did with 140k mile OEM springs. I like the spring rate of the Eibachs over OEM though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My car came with Eibachs. Here's a good pic of what the wheel/fender gap looks like with stock size wheels and tires (ignore the CHUNK missing from the fender :p ):

And here's how it sits on Miata wheels, currently wearing 195/55/14 Dunlops:

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Fendergap? This is before the coilover setup went on.

Old style TRD race springs supposedly made by Eibach
Tokico Illuminas
14x7 Revolutions w/ 225/50x14 Hoosier R3S03's

·
<--- Scott, oh...
5,715 Posts
What's a good price on the Pro-Kit Eibachs? So far I've seen these online:

244.00 Shox.com
233.83 drivewire.com
261.75 performancecenter.com
261.75 howbarmotorsports.com

Haven't looked locally...

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hey Norm, I have a set of those old style TRD race springs. I got them in 1993 from Lou Fousz. Got the springs with the matched struts. I think the struts were made by KYB. Have those same front struts in my '86 right now. Still stiffer than the cheap replacements in the rear that are 2 years old. Those TRD struts were stiff as hell when they were new.

·
Registered
250 Posts
nwmr2, I m located in Vancouver. I knew you came to bcmr2 meet. I m selling my Eibachs, used only for 6 months. I m selling for $250 CAD, bought them new at Mopac for $400 CAD. Let me know. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
skaughtto said:
What's a good price on the Pro-Kit Eibachs? So far I've seen these online:

244.00 Shox.com
233.83 drivewire.com
261.75 performancecenter.com
261.75 howbarmotorsports.com

Haven't looked locally...
just some FYI

at shox.com, with a lil negotiating, you can get your eibach's for about $200.
thats what i paid for mine. i bought my kyb's at the same time for about $155
+25 shipping... grand total was $380 shipped. (if i recall, thats how the prices were broke down)

·
Original
10,788 Posts

sorry they arent full car pics, but they show you what kind of gap you get with the stock 185/60/14 tires. btw, these are ST springs, and i love them... even my wife likes the ride of my MKI.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts