MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay im going to try this again as i got absolutely no responses last time. i was wondering if anyone knows the pinouts for electrical connector EA1 for a 91 and 94 turbo. this is the last thing i need to do and the car is done. please help. i cannot find these anywhere i even phoned toyota. but i consider the knowledge on this board to be far above that of some of the toyota service techs i have seen. prove me right

·
Registered
633 Posts
I could try my alldata but as you see i have a 93. I cant imagine them being that much different. so give me a day or so and i will email them to you if you want.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
PM or email me this evening and I'll look it up in my 95 book.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93 turbo yes i definatly would like the 93 EA1 pinout as i dont believe they changed until 94, also tuna i would like your 95 EA1 pinout as i dont think they changed again after 94. thanks

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Got your email. Looking

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
There were no wiring diagrams in my 95 BGB, unfortunately. So I went looking for my 93 wiring diagrams. Pretty dang confusing so I'd need a scanner to send it to you. I feel really bad, so I went looking. Does this help? It's a big file if you're on dial up. http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/online_parts_catalog/1994electrical.pdf

EDIT: As I go through the 93 wiring diagrams, I think I'm understanding a bit more. Only 10 of the 15 pins appear to be populated, if an x on the 3SGTE EA1 connector (at 2,6,9,13,14) instead of a number means it's not used. So far I've found what I think are eight of the pinouts. But there also appear to be some cruise control, abs, factory theft deterrent and Canadian specific items. Let me know what all you have and maybe I can still figure it out. Do you have the original colored wiring?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pain in the ass isnt it. there are indeed no straighforward diagrams. as for what i have so far sorry to say NOTHING ;). however i have no abs and no theft deterrent so you need not worry about those. also the car is imported from the u.s. so canadian specific items need not apply. thanks, when your done or have given up as i have ;) send me what youve got and i will try and work it out.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
We'll get there ma?ana. It's making more sense. It'll be easier if you have the OEM colored wires coming out of your PCME, relays, etc. But we'll get there just the same.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hehe it would be even easier if i had wiring harnesses from identicle years. the car is a 92 the body harness is a 91 and the engine harness is a 94 plus the engine is a 93. lets just say its been fun. oh well patience is a virtue. everything is done except that one stupuid connector.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I just got home a few minutes ago. I'm going to try and text it out until all populated pins have a source pinout into the connector pinouts and the pinout leading to whatever that may be.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh forgot to say it is all original wiring, no splicing or anything, so oem wire colorings are used. however i dont know what is what, if i did we wouldnt be here lol

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
What a bucket of snakes!

I really recommend you spring for the proper electrical diagram books, but what you do to your car is your responsibility, not mine. Hope this makes sense:

VSPG (Speed Sensor) #2 Br Wire to EA1#1 out Br Wire to Connector BM1 #3 (BM1 appears to be near the firewall on the driver's side; the note says on the "room partition board left")

EA1 #2 Empty

C3 Cooling fan ECU #6 L-O Wire to EA1#3 out L-O Wire to E5 Eng Compartment Temp Sensor #2

C3 Cooling fan ECU #5 L Wire to EA1#4 out L Wire to E5 Eng Compartment Temp Sensor #1

C3 Cooling fan ECU #2 L-W Wire to EA1#5 out L-W Wire to Connector IE1 #12

EA1 #6 Empty

Starter Relay #3 W-B Wire to EA1#7 out W-B Wire to Connector BM1 #4

E9 Engine Hood Courtesy Switch #1 R-G Wire to EA1#8 out R-G Wire to Splice E1 (Splice E1 appears to be at the driver's side trunk penetration)

EA1#9 Empty

S1 VSPG (Speed Sensor) #3 V Wire to EA1#10 out V Wire to Connector IE3#6

T3 Turbo Press Sensor #2 L-B Wire to Splice E17 L-B Wire to EA1#11 out L-B Wire to Connector IE3#3

C1 DLC (Check Connector) #1 L-B Wire to EA1#12 out L-B Wire to Splice E2 (E2 appears to be under the driver's side bay relay box (No.2))

EA1#13 Empty
EA1#14 Empty

C1 DLC (Check Connector) #2 G-W Wire to EA1#15 out G-W Wire to Splice B20 (B20 appears to be under the drivers door frame trim, or maybe just behind the B pillar)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actually i have a 92 diagram which i will use for the other side but i needed the 93. thanks for all your help man i really owe you one

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i hate asking stupid question like this making me feel like a complete moron but are the digits such as; L-O, L-W, L-B, wire colors??? if so what does L stand for?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ITS ALIVE!! yeah i almost forgot to come back and say im a ____ing idiot. if anyone needs to know L = blue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts