MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
BANG!

depends on what you call rotation ....
you can use non-directional (like parada or some of the pirelli tires ... assymetrical but not directional) tires and swap side to side, but that's it.
if you're chewing up the insides of the tires on directionals, you can dismount/remount them on opposite sides, but for most people it's not worth the cost or hassle. I would have to have just the right (or wrong) type of wear to bother with that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would it be bad if i rotated the stock 93 wheels? bcuz im doing my suspension soon so while im at it i mite as well, once agayn please dont shoot me...lol

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
The front and rear wheels even for stock 93 wheels are not the same. The front is a 15x6 where the rear is a 15x7.

You can not (it might fit, but don't do it) put the rear wheels on the front, and the front on the rear.

You can move them from side to side, that doesn't matter. If you tire is a directional tire and you move them from side to side you will be running them backwards which is dangerous.

Other than non-directional tires, you would need to take the tires off of the rim and remount them so they will be facing the correct way on the other side of the car.

I can get that done for free, and I still don't bother rotating. I don't want to be bothering my friend at work all the time asking him to switch my tires around to get a little longer life out of them.

·
Two 2s - 93T, 88 SC
2,965 Posts
I typically have directional (but not asymetrical) tires on both my 2s and tend to need to dismount, swap, and re-mount the fronts half way through their life. The rears tend to wear more evenly for me. I run a lot of negative camber and some toe out in the front for auto-x, so that contributes to the front inner wear.

John
93T, 88 SC

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
^
I can understand doing that up front since fronts tend to last awhile and it could be worth an extra 5 if not 10k depending on wear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im thinkin about jus swapping them from left to right, i just wanted to know if this would be bad... but i think itll be okay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts