MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Take 100$ for that Fender and meet you at the MD house for exchange? LMK cash in hand.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Its been a few years and much has happened in life, but at this point I'm really looking to just get rid of all this stuff. I'm editing the prices today.

Unfortunately shipping is such a PIA, and quoting everyone who asks "what would it cost to ship to..." is another PIA. That's the stuff that made me just wash my hands of this and sit on this stuff for a few years because life is too busy to keep running to the shipping facilities to figure out shipping costs for everyone who asks. So, please just ask if you're serious, but otherwise I'd rather just say this stuff is for local pickup.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
hk999,

See the pictures in post #7 above. I must apologize, but that engine swap was so very long ago, that I do forget if the mounts pictured were from the 1st engine, or if I just harvested them out of the rear clip I purchased after pulling out the motor/trans. The only way you're going to find out is if you would look up diagrams of the mounts for both versions of the car and compare. Sorry! But to help you, my setup was originally at 1991 N/A 5sfe engine with a manual transmission. The swap occured to drop in the engine/trans from a 1997 turbo 3sgte with manual trans. I hope that helps? But you'll have to do the research and just let me know if you would like the mounts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interested in the exhaust and the black side engine deck covers. Unless you're in utah or really close by, I would need them shipped out. Are they still available?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Sorry for the late response Salineselin. Yes, they're available. But what did you have in mind regarding shipping? I've been trying not to ship things if at all possible as its just difficult with the work schedule I keep to get to shippers for quotes (that many times people don't pull the trigger on anyway). Fedex? That's the only one that has been some degree easily achievable for me. Of course all shipping is on your dime. Please don't go paypaling me money before we are finished discussing whether a transaction is agreed upon and finalized (that has happened before).

You should know, just in case you didn't gather from the picture above, that the exhaust is only from the elbow below the catalytic converter, on downwards to the tailpipes. That means there IS NO CATALYTIC CONVERTER HERE. (Me and a buddy knocked out the cat. material to boost the HP, and that empty catalytic converter piece was simply tossed when I did the engine swap).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep, I would want to go with FedEx. The need isn't urgent, so if you need a week or two to find some time for shipping I'm okay with that.
The PO on my car butchered everything past the catalytic converter so your posting is actually perfect for me!

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm willing to pay a deposit upfront to cover whatever the shipping costs are so you don't have to shop around for quotes, then just return the unused amount for shipping back to me. Just let me know what works for you

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
We've had like two snowstorms a week for the past month straight... so I haven't gotten the muffler out of the snowed-in shed and down to FedEx what with spending like 4-6 hours more a week and thus zero free time. So... yes, I still have that muffler. Are you within driving distance Salineselin?

·
Registered
19 Posts
We've had like two snowstorms a week for the past month straight... so I haven't gotten the muffler out of the snowed-in shed and down to FedEx what with spending like 4-6 hours more a week and thus zero free time. So... yes, I still have that muffler. Are you within driving distance Salineselin?
I'm okay with waiting, I just haven't heard a reply back from you so I had no idea what the current status was.

Are you within driving distance Salineselin?
I'm in Utah which makes the distance less feasible for driving.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts