MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 4aze block and it apparently needed enginge work. the shop is boring it to 81.5 mm, but they want me to buy some pistons before they do it. I am going to buy some wiseko forged pistons but I noticed it gives the option to increase the diameter of the pins...... should I stay at the 20mm size or go larger?. I plan on keeping my old stock rods. Also , while I am at it, the same shop is doing the headwork (standard rebuild), but perhaps I should buy the hks racing springs as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I do, I believe they are 20mm. I will have to make sure by measuring with a pair of calipers. appreciate it. I am probably gonna buy some hks valve springs as well. I wonder if I should by the adjustable cams while I am at it.......hmmm..

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Don't waste your money, unless your trying to raise the red line you don't need racing springs. Adjustable cam gears are good if you're getting custom cams.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all I am raising is the boost and the bore size, but I have experienced valve float at the highest rpms before. So, if I were to get custom cams then I should get the valve springs as well.....?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts