MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if any of you would be interested but it was sunny today and yesterday. I washed it yesterday and decided to take some pictures today. It's no MR2, but it gets me around.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
man the bottom side of that hood looks really wierd! what's with all the circles?? leave it up to FORD to confuse the hell out of me!! lol

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what those are. Best guess is heat reflection , weight reduction (As having solid steel there would weigh a lot more than dimpling it) or crumple zones.

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
flynhighaf23 said:
man the bottom side of that hood looks really wierd! what's with all the circles?? leave it up to FORD to confuse the hell out of me!! lol
Adds rigidity to the hood. The bottom metal is dimpled because if it was flat, it would have that tin can effect. You can see that it looks like they attach the top of the dimple to the underside of the hood. In effect creating a pretty strong structure. A similar thing would be to add bends that traverse the hood, but they are mainly rigid in one axis. This looks like a good idea.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like my truck... it does what it's told and I take care of it, so it takes care of me.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Ever had to tow the mr2 with the truck???

Peace-

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't own an MR2 :(

But I do tow our 16' Boston Whaler with it, and used it to tow a friend's Subaru once. But that's about the extent of it's towing capacities...

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, if you thought that was good, check this out.

Yes, I was bored...

No I don't think it's cool.

·
Original
10,788 Posts
drop it, bag it, and throw an SVT cobra engine in it. :)

one question, my mom had a 2001? (might've been an 02) ranger, base model, v6, extended cab, 2wd for a work truck (pepsi truck) and that thing had the noiseist suspension i have ever hear, i mean, you sneeze near that thing, and the whole truck started squeeking..... does yours do that?

anyways, i kinda like that blue color.... and the truck looks clean.

btw, how many miles are on it?

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine's not really noisy, but I can feel a lot through the suspension. Rough ride.

And actually, the rear suspension does make a fair amount of squeaks when I rock the truck, but I think it just either needs some lubrication or the leaf springs are just rubbing.

Thanks for the clean comment, I try and keep it that way.

It's a 1999 and I've got 77,717 miles on it (At least, that's a number I remember from driving this morning.)

It's had some problems... but they've all been really cheap and simple repairs (If not annoying).

1. I had to replace the alternator
2. I had to replace the fuel pump, which was actually really easy because the bed on this truck is really easy to take off and you can get to the tank from there really easy without dropping it.

The engine itself has been a really good motor, and has handled everything I've thrown at it very well, including a few 45-60 second powerbrakes :thumbup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts