MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not all that high of quality... but you'll get the idea... lot of additional metal up there that doesn't need to be up there...

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm saying compared to a hardtop... let me see if i have any pics of my hardtop up there... basicly bare sheet metal w/ a single brace going down the center.

mark

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics of trixie (RIP :( not great but you get the idea... much less mass up there..

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Well, lets see,that brace for the sunroof can't weigh that much plus there is a big hole there. So, the sunroof probably weighs lesss w/o the sunroof glass installed. The hardtop is more rigid though. I prefer my sunroof any day over a hardtop just b/c all three cars I have owned or own have been sunroof cars and I wouldn't feel right w/o one.

Todd
87sc
www.cardomain.com/id/tksmr2

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
ya that pic of the hard top creeps me out, i wouldn't feel right if i were driving and couldn't look up out at the clouds

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
ot of additional metal up there that doesn't need to be up there...
Having driven my sunroof equipped car for the last 2 years I totally disagree with this statement :eek:

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Pull it out mark. It is about 15 to 20 pounds of metal and parts excluding the sunroof. It is worth it. I did this on the Krylon. Just dont stand on the roof in victory celebrations!

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Jody, not sure where the tubes themselves go, but the front 2 drain from in front of the doors in the fender area, and the rear 2 drain from those little vents on the bottom of the C pillars.

I run water through mine after every rain season to make sure they stay clear. I believe this is where I remember them going.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bill... this is a parts car... i just did this instead ;-)

jody... i'll take a look... i know i had to cut them off when i cut off the C pillars... they may go all the way though and down even further let me go peek real quick and i'll let ya know

mark

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
argg looks like i totaly ripped them out... or perhaps the ran to the plastic vents... (i didn't think to look while i was outside just now doh) but they come WAY down if not though into the fenders

mark

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
on a side note... this thread REALY makes me miss trixie... i want my hardtop back :(

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to do a targa top like on the supra's ???? I think that would be kinda cool to have a targa top!!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Very true but i am sure you could do some reinforcing or do a roll cage that would help reinforce the car alot. i am sure someone could do a good job

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
If you lift it by the frame it wouldn't matter that would be just like jacking up all 4 corners and putting it on jackstands. When you support the frame your not putting any stress on the body

1 - 20 of 22 Posts