MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a leather cover for the parking brake handle? I have never actually seen on in a car. I didn't even know there was one until recently on this board.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bryan. Yeh, Scott is my real name. My last name is Gaskill. Hence the last part.
I need to get some audio of mine. I just finished a JDM smallport swap. Runs great. I am using the stock exhaust manifold, a piece of crappy corrigated flex pipe ($6), a straight pipe for the cat. and a Pacesetter muffler that I got for the last 2 back in 1997. Is still in decent shape. It was on the '85 for a couple of years, then sat for 6, then it went on the current '86 in late 2004. No road salt or snow where I live though. I am ordering a ne downpipe this week. $94.00 shipped off of Ebay. I am thinking about redoing the exhaust, but I am worried about being too loud. Yours is not bad at all. I actually like the way mine sounds now. It is a bit loud, but has a nice sound. Yours has a nice throaty sound. 4ages seem to have that. I like the oldschool look of the Pacesetter, but don't like the weight.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you give me the specs on your exhaust. Which muffler (part 3) you are using. I am assuming you have a cat. since you are in the land of car Nazis. Mine would be a bit louder. I don't remember which engine you are running. By the way, I love the look and stance of your car. What springs do you have. Mine are stock right now, but I have a set of oldschool TRD Race springs that I got back in 1993. Only have about 1500 miles on them. They haven't carried these in some time, but going by pictures posted they look a lot like the TRD Japan springs. I would like to go ST springs if I could get someone to trade with. Will be ordering Tokico sports this week (budget). When they come in , I will be putting the springs in with the TRD bushing kiw I have. I got them back in 1999 and never put them in. Noone made urethane for the MK1 back then. Paid like $250 back then. Doesn't even have front or rear swaybar bushings, rack bushings, or the strut bar bushing tubes in the kit. You do get the TRD strut mounts with the kit though. They are supposed to be stiffer in the mount to reduce flex at the top. Will post on it when I get everything done. Already installed twosrus front bar bushings and rack bushings. Made my own endlinks with Military spec. spherical bearing rod ends and stainless allthread. The ends were even metric thread. Reel fine metric thread. PITA to fiind, especially in stainless.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Those really should have been PMs. I'll respond to you that way.

On topic for this thread, I have seen pictures of the factory leather-wrapped parking brake handle, but never in person. IIRC my '87 was supposed to have it along with a leather wrapped shift knob but it came with neither.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.