MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just now figured out that there's two Marks here. LOL...

Was actually directed at Mark DeHaan, but it's nice hearing from you nonetheless.

---

There ya go. I'm waiting for a used 05 RC, I love the new color. But if that one goes cheap, then...

Not likely tho.

RC51s rock. A buddy of mine has one. Nice handling, little slow on the top end.

What are you replacing your F4 (right, or RR?) with?

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah, f4i...dunno yet...thinkin of doing a track bike...but also thinkin' of a nice beefier street bike. Still have my nighthawk 650 too. then the responsible part of me is telling me to pay off my truck.

yeah, the rc's are bad ass...the twin's sound awesome too; sweet roar.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you heard one with Satos?

I've heard the Moriwakis, and it sounds awesome with those pipes, way better than stock (duh). I hear that the Satos are unbelieveable. Part of me says that I need to never hear them, because something like that is going to make me open my checkbook...

Nighthawk has to be at least a little fun, though, right? Or is it that the old, "had the performance, now I don't..." thing?

·
Registered
77 Posts
haven't heard those pipes, but I'm sure they rock. One sound I've fell in love w/ is the Duc w/ some pipes...DAAAM!

·
270whp on a CT26...
3,458 Posts
mr24shoe said:
haven't heard those pipes, but I'm sure they rock. One sound I've fell in love w/ is the Duc w/ some pipes...DAAAM!
Ducati exhaust = teh sex. i completely fell in love with them when i was over in Italy, so sexy when there's a group of them cruising around in Rome. *drool*

-Mike :)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ducs sound good, no doubt. I still like the gear whine of the Hondas, and IMO, the 51 offers everything that the 916/996/998 does, except the sex appeal and italian reliability and character.

That's OK. I'd rather ride than pose.

Mark,

Not likely, the price is getting close to reasonable, and there's a 51 in SoCal that I'd rather have for the cost.

J.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would prefer to buy Honda. The condition of my XX motor was amazing. The crank mic'd out at the upper end of the largest possible size. The journals had no wear, because if they had wear, then the crank would have been machined too large. All journals, exactly the same. I had to measure it twice, because I thought I wasn't seeing something.

27k miles, on a sportbike. No crank wear. At all.

Not that other bikes can't be as well built, but in my experience, nothing's built like a Honda. Might not have the most HP or whatever, but they have enough, and their quality is superior.

954s a nice bike, too. A buddy of mine sold his this last fall, he's getting a Repsol RR now.

J.

·
Registered
77 Posts
ugh...that repsol is AWESOME! If I can get the same deal on the 954 as the 750, I'll go w/ the 954 (though a touch more expensive).

The "formula" I'm using is kbb retail + kbb trade / 2. The 750 is below that line...the 954 is just above.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good formula.

Repsol is really cool, but unless you can bring it, I'd rather not be on one. And I can't bring it. ;) Seems like the replicas attract the challengers like none other. I like the new titanium color the best, they sold the XX in that color a few years back, and that is a cool color.

But black is best overall, and the RC has it finally. Everybody's looking forward to something, I'm looking forward to buying one of those.

J.

·
Registered
77 Posts
J,
I sent an email to your cox.net account, but not sure if you check that or not...email me (mark dot schuh at yellowcorp dot com); I got a hot lead on an '01 RC51 for $5500 I think you'll be interested in; in Omaha...

·
Registered
781 Posts
mr24shoe said:
J,
I sent an email to your cox.net account, but not sure if you check that or not...email me (mark dot schuh at yellowcorp dot com); I got a hot lead on an '01 RC51 for $5500 I think you'll be interested in; in Omaha...
I could go check it out if you like since I'm an Omahan and all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts