MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been asked by a couple people if PacNW MR2006 will happen, and if so, what the dates are. Well, I made the calls today to determine the open dates, so here they are:

July 1/2, July 8/9, July 29/30, Sept. 2/3

Those are the dates the track is open. What dates work best for everyone? Weather should be nice over the summer and none of those dates will interfere with MotoGP weekend like last year. Feel free to discuss the meet or ask any questions.

For more info about the meet, here's the website: http://www.pacnwmr2.com/

Edit: Dates are confirmed for July 28-30!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hell yeah! I missed this last year, but I will be attending this year for sure!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm getting married on the east coast on July 1st, so I vote for a late July or September date. You should check with the September date to make sure it doesn't conflict with 2theBeach though.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
yeah same here, probibly anything after the 4th would seem to work best in my mind. as long as I know in advance I can get the time off, yes we will be their this year.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Either July 8/9 or July 29/30 seems best. 4th of July vacationers will be back home and not so much on the highways by then. And you won't have conflicts with back-to-school scheduling.... or the Northern California NSR and GSR MR2 rallies.

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Anytime in July works best for me. Plus the weather should be really nice during that time!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The roll bar is just for Spyders. Anyone with a sunroof or T-top is fine. Track insurance just states that all convertibles must have a roll bar.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Heh I'll probably be running either victoracers or kumho 710's on my new SC, which will hopefully have coilovers by then. Should be a lot of fun... can't wait to see what kinds of times I can turn.

From what people are saying, it sounds like July 29/30 is good, followed by July 8/9. I'll call tomorrow and make it all official.

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
^^^ Geoff: Roughly 4 hours if you don't stop along the way. Well worth it, methinks.

Zac: What, no Neon? :(

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, after double checking everything with the Siskiyou Sports Car Club, the karters, and the hotel, the dates are finally confirmed. The event will be July 28-30. The hotel will be the same one as last year, and the rates are $53 +tax for a single OR double (lower price than last year). The website will be updated over the next week with all the new information, and online pre-registration should open sometime after that.

And no, I don't intend to bring a neon this year :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts