MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a double post but I thought since it applies to socal that I would post it here as well. MODS: feel free to delete this if you'd like. Anyway, i'm thinking of taking my widebodied 2 in to get repaired and a new paint job. I'm thinking of P.J.Bonifacio because I know they have a good reputation but I haven't personally talked to anyone who has used them. Has anyone here dealt with them and can tell me what I'm getting involved with? thanks.

·
Banned
9,290 Posts
They installed the first trd kit you seen years back... the red/white with c5's and te37's one... I saw it in the making.

Or you can try autoexplosion in gardena.. where i had mine done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MATTHEWMR2,

My cousin just got a fender bender of his repaired on his G35 at P.J.'s shop. It came out looking like a new car again. He did an excellent job on it. PJ is actually a friend of my cousin so i have been in there quite a few times and i have seen many of the cars that he has worked on. Tee is right, he was the one who did the widebody of the "Mister Twister" MR2 featured in Import Tuner Mag. I think his work is incredible. From his old schoolers to the exotics that he has worked on, everything i have seen has came out flawless. He really cares for the final look of the car and definitely does not take any short cuts. I would highly recommend him for getting your body kit repaired. He has actually dealth with quite a few MR2s now, if you go into his shop... you will see article printouts on his wall of all the MR2s he has done. I would recommend you go to his shop and talk to him. Most likely, he'll probably have about 10 cars or so there that he'll be working on. And there you can get a feel for what he's about. But you get what you pay for... so in this case, it might cost a lil more than other places. His website is http://www.pjbonifacio.com/. And if you google his name... some articles will show up which feature some of his rides. I hope this helps, best thing to is to just bring your car to him and he'll be more than glad to take care of you.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. I'm going in on saturday for an estimate. I've admired his work for years and I'm super psyched that he may work on my car!

·
Banned
9,290 Posts
I paid around 3200 including color change charges 700+...bodykit was 1250...so just do the math..with wbk's the installation and refinish is what makes or breaks the kit.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i know. it's in the right ballpark. it just makes me sad that It will cost me so much and i have so little money.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
sample of pj's work

here is a sample of his work
before:
at his shop

and after a show winning ae86 with 3sge

tell him bernard sent you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts