MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*iphone pics, so I definitely need a proper photo shoot. Finally got my car together after 6 months. Newly painted engine bay, Exedy twin disc, turbohoses spearco smic and racerx intake manifold.

My favorite part was designing and making a lot of these little detailed machined knick knacks.

Gen3 tb inlet and tb cable bracket with oring groove. wanted to keep the isc and all in a stock like location, I like that it is out of the way and hidden.

hose cable holder for fuel feed, fuel return and brake booster line

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one of my favorite machined pieces. Greddy catch can welded the two top holes and fitted a single an12 fitting. Bottom cap plate was redone to incorporate a one pieces bracket/bottom plate affixing it to unused transmission holes
Uses a blitz stainless bov filter for vent.

before pic with the 1st revision bottom plate.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

I'm running a 4 inch intake for the gt30r, and wanted to get rid of the by pass hose on the firewall. Using the Dodge Caravan hose, I still needed to rotate the hose 25 deg to clear and make the tube fitting slightly larger to fit properly.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Always thought the charcoal cannister needed to be higher than the fuel tank as it vents vapours back into intake for emission control. Where you have it might as well eliminate all together.

Like the comments above you do amazing alloy work with machining and TIG'ng. Wish I could do some myself but I lack the patience required when welding.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MANDALAY said:
Very nice aluminium work, i really appreciate it.

Just one thought the charcoal canister needs to be verticle or it wont drain properly
Thanks for the comments, your build was amazing and inspring. I do the CAD and design work then have a friend cnc it on his machine. I also have a friend do the welding.

I ran it horizontal for a few years and like this mounted on one of the engine bay braces on the bottom of the car. It functions correctly since without the charcoal canister I could really smell the gas fumes. Now with it mounted, even horizontal I don't smell gas at all.

benckj said:
Always thought the charcoal cannister needed to be higher than the fuel tank as it vents vapours back into intake for emission control. Where you have it might as well eliminate all together.

Like the comments above you do amazing alloy work with machining and TIG'ng. Wish I could do some myself but I lack the patience required when welding.

Jim
I don't think it matters since the vapors are sucked into the throttle body where it goes into the engine. Fresh air goes thru the lower hose to purge the fuel vapor. The only thing I'm missing I think is a check valve.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Very nice work. I love when people do builds making their own parts. I design and build some parts for my cars too. Just cant bring myself to pay the prices some of these guys charge for stuff.

Im building an adjustable remote coupling for my rear suspension of my snowmobile because they essentially took a $500 mountain bike shock setup, make a quick little mounting rod for the shock, then charge $1200 for it. lol

So I prefer to make whatever I can for myself as well. your work looks great. Good job.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts