MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where to get gen3 after market valves? or what compay makes them...

any input is appreciated
thnx peeps

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diabolical1 said:
have you contacted Ferrea?
i have contacted ferrea sellers on ebay.. this is what they said
"Ferrea does not make them yet, but we will have them soon, a month about."
wierd...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
i was told they were all the same, can anyone else comment on this.

Even can someone comment on standard size ferrea valves going into a gen 3 head.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I bought Ferrea 1mm oversize valves for my Gen 3 about a year ago. Talking to people selling rubbish on ebay is as a general rule a complete waste of time. They are just there to drop ship a product from the manufacturer and make their percentage.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
joshstix said:
I bought Ferrea 1mm oversize valves for my Gen 3 about a year ago. Talking to people selling rubbish on ebay is as a general rule a complete waste of time. They are just there to drop ship a product from the manufacturer and make their percentage.
i guess they are all the same =) thnx joshtix...
very much appreciated...

·
Registered
53 Posts
bioman323 said:
i guess they are all the same =) thnx joshtix...
very much appreciated...

Find out if the valve dimensions (length, stem dia. etc) of the 2JZ-GTE, cause they share the same sizes from factory(except for the Gen4 3S's, bigger inlet valves).

They "should" be the same.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
joshstix said:
Talking to people selling rubbish on ebay is as a general rule a complete waste of time. They are just there to drop ship a product from the manufacturer and make their percentage.
i was going to say that in my first response, but i figured i'd give him the benefit of the doubt in being more skeptical.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Am pretty sure the OEM valves on the Gen I/II are slightly larger compared to the Gen IIIs.

I ended up using Gen I/II Ferrara oversized valves on my Gen III, though i do remember the head machinist saying it was a PITA to do, since it required adding material to the head to accomodate the valves.

·
Registered
872 Posts
pimp_mr2 said:
Am pretty sure the OEM valves on the Gen I/II are slightly larger compared to the Gen IIIs.

I ended up using Gen I/II Ferrara oversized valves on my Gen III, though i do remember the head machinist saying it was a PITA to do, since it required adding material to the head to accomodate the valves.
I used 1mm oversize Ferrea valves for the Gen2 in my Gen3 and they went in on the standard seats no problems.

The Gen2 and Gen3 valves are the same size.

·
Registered
872 Posts
st185 said:
I thought the Gen3 valves have a smaller diameter stem then gen2?
The part of the stem that goes through the guide is the same size on all valves but some are back cut on the section of stem between the valve head and the top of the port.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts