MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 85 MR2 with the original tires still on it. Only 12,000 miles. I am going to put new tires on it and am open to suggestions. I have a friend who restores Corvettes. He told me that there is a market for original tires with people who want to show 100% original. I was just going to leave them at the tire shop. Anyone know anything about this?

·
5,228 Posts
...He told me that there is a market for original tires with people who want to show 100% original...
From my experience, it has nothing to do with show and everything to do with duping someone into thinking that their car is original in order to inflate the selling price.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
I'd buy another set of wheels to actually drive the car on and leave the original tires on the original wheels. If you are really trying to keep the original 35 year old tires for their value removing them from the wheels may damage them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought an 85 MR2 with the original tires still on it. Only 12,000 miles. I am going to put new tires on it and am open to suggestions. I have a friend who restores Corvettes. He told me that there is a market for original tires with people who want to show 100% original. I was just going to leave them at the tire shop. Anyone know anything about this?
Wow, an 85 with only 12k miles. I thought my 85 with just under 60k was rare. What kind of shape is it in, and if you don't mind sharing, what did you pay?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts