MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be running IS300 wheels with H&R 15mm spacers in the back. The stock lug nuts stick out about .5" from the IS300 wheels so I'm looking for replacement lug nuts that will fit within the wheels. I also wanted to be able to switch between my 17's and my stock 15's for going to the track and I assume this will require open ended lug nuts because of the extended studs with the spacers. I have heard good things about Mcgard lug nuts but I can't seem to find them in an open ended style. Are there any good open ended lug nuts out there? Also, if they include a lock of some type that would be a plus.

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
muteki makes very affordable "splinedrive" style openended lugnuts however, they aren't going to fit factory toyota/lex wheels .........
somebody asked a similar question last week, but I've never looked for anything like this so I have no clue. I've seen shank style open ended, but not quite the same seat style as our factory lugnuts.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are they the OEM lug nuts or aftermarket? I put a want to buy ad over there and the guy said the factory ones are acorn style. Do you have any pictures of what these look like.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dubk said:
Aren't acorn closed end? These are open top. I'll try to get some pix up. Need to borrow a camera.
Yes, they are closed end. That's why I was wondering if you may have bought aftermarket Supra lugnuts.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The ones on my Supra are definitely open end. They come stock on MKIV NA and TT. I just bought the other set for the 2 because I'm running longer studs.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Just screw them down, any closed lug will become open if you screw it down hard enough ;).
Seriously though, most "closed" lugs only have sheet metal covering the end. I'm not sure about toyota lugs but if that's the case you can just remove the cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts