MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,390 Posts
There are a few places around but they don't all carry every part you might want.

List what you are after and we can try direct you to what shops have what. Google is one of the tools you could also use to find anything that is sold online.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I get oem parts from toyota, amayama (japan) and toyotapartsdeal (usa). Performance parts, primemr2, mr2heaven. For aftermarket engine parts I find my local general performance shops are fine, ie ARP bolts, cometic gaskets, HKS etc.

Edit, JDM aftermarket parts from rhdjapan or nengun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get oem parts from toyota, amayama (japan) and toyotapartsdeal (usa). Performance parts, primemr2, mr2heaven. For aftermarket engine parts I find my local general performance shops are fine, ie ARP bolts, cometic gaskets, HKS etc.

Edit, JDM aftermarket parts from rhdjapan or nengun.
Ok thanks a lot. I’ll check all of those websites.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
EDIT- one more thing, are cosmetic head gaskets good for high boost levels? Are they a good head gasket overall? Thanks
Yes they are good but from memory they are metal so ideally you would have the block and head milled to perfect flatness first. I prefer a stock OEM head gasket but they are not ideal for high boost- in my opinion over 17-18psi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes they are good but from memory they are metal so ideally you would have the block and head milled to perfect flatness first. I prefer a stock OEM head gasket but they are not ideal for high boost- in my opinion over 17-18psi.
Ok, I’m trying for around 16-17 psi so the cosmetic one will hopefully work then. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Are you in the middle of a rebuild? Or what is wrong with your engine?
It’s kinda complicated...
My car is actually a 1994 celica with the 1991 sw20 motor swapped into it and I’ve been racing it. I wanna ramp up the boost a bit so I ordered some ARP head studs already but I haven’t got a head gasket yet since I’m skeptic which one I should get. I was gonna order an A’PEXi one off of nengun but it’s a long wait time from Japan so I’m looking at what my options are before I buy it. I haven’t started tearing down the engine yet and the head gasket currently in it leaks a tiny bit.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
It’s kinda complicated...
My car is actually a 1994 celica with the 1991 sw20 motor swapped into it and I’ve been racing it. I wanna ramp up the boost a bit so I ordered some ARP head studs already but I haven’t got a head gasket yet since I’m skeptic which one I should get. I was gonna order an A’PEXi one off of nengun but it’s a long wait time from Japan so I’m looking at what my options are before I buy it. I haven’t started tearing down the engine yet and the head gasket currently in it leaks a tiny bit.
In that case I would suggest the cometic and mill the head and block during the rebuild. As long as the tune is good you should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
91T 4thGen Swap
592 Posts
I'd like to ask the flip on this and are there any sites or brands to be avoiding. I am pretty certain we all know to avoid Camposites but are there any others that are difficult to deal with and/or expensive/take a long time to deliver.
What brands/parts have been weak or misrepresented online?
I've had a bad experience with NP Power, got some coils that were useless other than I got a new set of boots and seals from them. I had bought an intake kit for my Excursion from them that didn't seem to bad but after the coils were garbage I went back and had a look and the intake isn't really that great of quality. Would not suggest buying anything NP Power.
How about the rest of ye? Really like to hear what to steer clear of. TIA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts