MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had twenty minutes to kill Thursday night so I popped into Barnes and Nobles to look for a new book to read.
DIdnt see anything, at the time, that interested me (or I wanted to pay their amount for, typically 30+% cheaper on Amazon), so I headed over to the magazine section.

I saw a magazine called "Japanese Performance" and picked it up, appeared to be a UK publication.
On the front, the main article, was a MKII with some crazy high hp
While I love MR2s, and have a MKII turbo, I didnt look through the article really as I dont see myself building a drag MR2.

Put it down and beside of it was a mag called "Bonzai," another British rag.
On the front, not pictured, but in large font was "MR2 buying and tuning guide" or something

I flipped through it, had a history of the car, all three gens, and then a tuning guide focused on the MKII

Just thought it was neat that two magazines this month had huge pieces on the MKII

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brother, my best friend was featured in a BMW magazine...TWICE. I dont own either and I wrench on that car lol.
Ive not bought a car magazine off the shelf in well over a decade.
Yeah yeah, Im one of the reasons the magazine industry has declined, but I only get magazines through subscriptions and it better be a good rag for me to do so (ie: Grassroots Motorsports)

I miss Sport Compact Car.

These were two UK mags, about 9 bucks a pop

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I feel you. I have a sub to GRM, and it's only the odd time that I would buy off a shelf. My car was recently in SuperStreet magazine, so I bought 4 of those, but that's a very unusual exception. I was pretty shocked to find that they were $10 each!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts