MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just realized Okoboji is only about 100 miles from Tuna in Mankato. I was up there last weekend for the games and it was a blast! I should have called and we could have hooked up. Well next year I'll be there again for sure. Anybody else go to this event?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
MR2Tony said:
Well I just realized Okoboji is only about 100 miles from Tuna in Mankato. I was up there last weekend for the games and it was a blast! I should have called and we could have hooked up. Well next year I'll be there again for sure. Anybody else go to this event?

shame on you, did you drive? could have swung (swinged?) by and seen the car for old time's sake :) i think i'm gonna be putting new wheels on the car ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuna said:
shame on you, did you drive? could have swung (swinged?) by and seen the car for old time's sake :) i think i'm gonna be putting new wheels on the car ;)
Wha Wha Whaaat? You don't like those wheels? I got so many compliments from them. But yeah if you do get wheels get 8s in the back. The 7s are way too narrow. What are you getting?

Man I would have loved to have seen her. How's she running?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
MR2Tony said:
Wha Wha Whaaat? You don't like those wheels? I got so many compliments from them. But yeah if you do get wheels get 8s in the back. The 7s are way too narrow. What are you getting?

Man I would have loved to have seen her. How's she running?
actually, i'm getting either 9's or 9.5's in back...depends on if i go with 16x7 up front and 17x9 in back, or if i go 17x8 up front and 18x9.5 in back...i've always loved the look of staggered wheel heights :) ...the wheels are a surprise though, you'll have to see :D but the car runs like a champ...not happy with the way the EMS is tuned, but oh well i'm just glad it has my other mr2 in the garage with it so it isn't lonely for the winter :)....i start it every couple weeks and sit in it and pretend i'm driving it :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
why don't you just take it out for a spin, look at the nice weather we've been having. I've been driving mine lately, after the day is over i just run it through the car wash.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
callaesthetics said:
why don't you just take it out for a spin, look at the nice weather we've been having. I've been driving mine lately, after the day is over i just run it through the car wash.

NOOOOOO!! this car has never seen salt, i'm not going to be the one to expose it to it ;) i won't drive it until the snow is all gone and the roads have been rained on several times and the salt is all gone...i have to put on a new inner tie-rod anyway and haven't bought one yet

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tuna said:
NOOOOOO!! this car has never seen salt, i'm not going to be the one to expose it to it ;) i won't drive it until the snow is all gone and the roads have been rained on several times and the salt is all gone...i have to put on a new inner tie-rod anyway and haven't bought one yet
You'd better not drive it in the sand and salt! After all those years of me biting my own nuts to prevent myself from driving it ...

Now THAT was pain. And a little arousing at the same time.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
MR2Tony said:
You'd better not drive it in the sand and salt! After all those years of me biting my own nuts to prevent myself from driving it ...

Now THAT was pain. And a little arousing at the same time.

you have to teach me that one...if i could bite my own nuts, surely i could....nevermind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts