R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
I would but thats kinda a far drive for me. Sorry guys :(

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
SrADavidson said:
I would but thats kinda a far drive for me. Sorry guys :(

me too....1140 miles there, 1140 back = 2280+ miles..!!!!!....oh well im going anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
1100 miles is too far. That's a two day trip, each way. I would have to take off to much time from work and the wife isn't interested in cars either. The area doesn't seem to offer much else in the way of attractions so it's a no go for me.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
we've been talking about it, bill. even PapoJ and were talking about it yesterday. it's a long way. but, it's not totally out of the question for some of us.

·
COUNT: 41 MR2'S DRIVEN
3,485 Posts
we'd love to go, but the usual....work may stand in the way. we'll have to wait until the time gets closer before we can make a decision. no work = no pay.

june is one of our biggest months....plus we don't own an mr2 and aren't having any luck in finding/funding one.

·
No! My car is not cute!
1,776 Posts
Our man, I know shoes is planning on going. I've been thinking about it but man that's a long way. It's allright for the wuss bags that are trailering but the real MR2 owners/drivers have a good chance in braking something over that distance with a track day involved.

Bill I'll go if you drive your car with no backup trailer. Lets show them how bad we really are!

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the car is 100% then yes I will drive it and the Krylon SuperK will be trailered by aimee.

You guys have to go. do you see the cars that are coming out from California? And I know that the Indy crews are bringing the big guns. Vegas was a long way. this is one day worth of traveling. 15 - 20 hours. This is why I made the meet in the middle of the country.

·
I aint afraid of no boost
4,550 Posts
There better be some impressive cars there. Kingston was fun and all, but the cars there (on the whole) were a joke compared to the "mafia" stable.

·
I LOVE GOLD!
1,939 Posts
I drove my MR2 from NoVA to Orlando in 1994 in about 10 hours so it's doable, if you have a whole day of driving. You will have to count me out though, I'm on vacation then but I promise I will be keeping the MR2 end up while I'm there.

Big Euro MR2 Party

Hehe

TM

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Marcia and I will be there. If we don't have a tow vehicle, we'll be driving the Spyder or 93T.

This is the ONE BIG MEET for 2005. It's worth the trip!

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Ok, I'll go but only if Bill wears his Santa suit and his purple hat... :smile:

And since we're telling how far we've driven, I drove the 6 speed from Williamsburg to RI and back in 19.5 hours 2 months ago.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
...and wears his helmet backwards!

i have to save up and will confirm my availability from there. maybe i can start selling my plasma... :smile:

·
No! My car is not cute!
1,776 Posts
ToyotaTechGeek said:
maybe i can start selling my plasma... :smile:
Dude, how much do you want for it?

I drove from Williamsburg Va to Norfolk in 50min and got another stinkin ticket. I think I'm going to start my own Ticket Gallery.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Deno said:
Dude, how much do you want for it?

I drove from Williamsburg Va to Norfolk in 50min and got another stinkin ticket. I think I'm going to start my own Ticket Gallery.

danG , home slice you need to chill out like the north pole! :p You know i can be your own personal chaffeur if needs be!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts