MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the plastic screws found in the frunk that attach the plastic radiator-cover to the body, and also are used on the plastic pieces for the headlights on the hood?

How do you go about removing those? they seem like a horrible cross breeding program from hell where a screw mated with those "pop out" holders that are found in the trunk.

I dont want to risk prying, screwing, yanking etc too hard so whats the proper way to get those out?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Ive tryed and I break about half everytime. U can buy them at auto stores but I would love to be able to remove them do what I came to do and replace just once w/o 1/2 of them breaking on me.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Just pry the center screw section up with a pen screwdriver. I also hate them. I have replaced the ones on the radiator cover with some different ones that do not require screwing.

Unfortunately the ones that hold the headlight eyelids are different as far as I can tell. They look similar though. I tried to replace mine, but didn't have the parts in my parts container at the time I was assembling that were a good fit, so I just put the old ones back in. Yes, they are probably one of the worst bits of engineering on the whole car--complete afterthough IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts