MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my ongoing project here is hitting yet another snag. The car has been down for awhile, I started it today for the first time in a couple weeks, and the idle was being odd. It would settle around 1300-1500, which is always had done, then it would rev to 2000 and go back down, every 20 seconds or so, up to 2000, then back down. Now, driving it around, the car isn't boosting really at all. It gets maybe 2 psi. The last time I'd driven it (a couple weeks ago) first it was boosting like mad, as though the boost controller (Blitz DSBC) weren't even there. Then after a few moments, it only would boost up to 6. Now I don't get anymore then 2-3 psi out of it, and thats after really working with the throttle, up and down. Lastly, there is a slight hissing sort of sound, that SEEMS to come from the drivers side of the intake manifold, in that area somewhere. Any ideas on where the heck to start and get this car running?

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
Mine did that a little for awhile too...well...not the boost part but the revs went up and down a little at idle for awhile. It turned out to be an ignition problem.

Sorry if that doenst help much!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All my hoses and connections seemed sound, without my removing everything from the engine bay to actually go over every piece. Is there any way to narrow it down a bit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts