MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so i pick up the latest issue of Banzai magazine (Ofcourse because it plastered with Corolla's and skylines drifting. But i start reading some articles and come across 2 mk1 things. The first consisted of some young kid asking where to find a body kit. so nothing new. But the second was about half a page and it was a detailed write up on the Mr2 challenge being the cheapest racing series like ever. WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!! where have i been. Strictly mk1's? Racing on a track? Points and awards????! Why didnt i know about this. Has anyon else read about this or have i just had my head in a hole.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
If I remember correctly, that series is run in the UK. Quite popular, and virtually "showroom stock" level of prep. I'll see if I can dig up a link.

·
Registered
617 Posts
check out the links from this site:

www.mr2mk1club.com

It has all the info on the series. I think that the series just ran for the first time last year, but since it is new, the lack of Mk1s competing meant that they raced at the same time as another series. I think that this year they are planning on having a full grid of Mk1's.

There's lots of other interesting stuff on that site as well... bookmark it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Went to see a race in this series last year, there were only 4 cars at the time but I believe there are a few more this year. They were put in the sports car race, C class, by the 750MC (750 Motor Club), the only other c clatt was a Ginetta G27 I think. The A and B class cars which ran at the same time included a TVR tuscan, a couple of 928 turbos, several 911s, a Tommy Kaira, a couple of Elises and a Morgan Plus 8 (there were others but I can't remember then all). It was a bit dissapointing as the Mk1s were holding up the A class cars and having to get out of the way disrupted their race. Hopefully should be better this year as they might get their own session with Mk2s as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts