MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had the engine running and everything but found a leak of oil and water mixed together and was running on top of the water pump. The puddle was like 12" long and 6" wide and we let the car run for like 30 seconds. However I put the can oil seals on backward so now I have to take the timing belt back off and change the seals around. Then I got the T belt on and the gears were off so then I had to take then back off. I am very frustrated. What would be causing the oil leak? Would it be a cracked head? I didnt know this at the time but when we tightened down the head bolts we didnt do it in the order you were supposed to we went down in a row (stupid us); however, before we torqued them all down we got all the bolts near snug so I would think that there would help prevent the head to crack. Thanks for your post, they are very helpful. I HAVE to get this engine running today. My brother hasnt gone in to work at all this week and needs go in.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got it fixed, it was the oil seal. And also got the T belt on and running again. Now all we have to do is put on the exhaust, and some other little stuff and also check the timing on it.

Kyle

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Glad you got it fixed, good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts