MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im taking everything off and putting the 20b on and i got oil all on the walls of my intercooler pipping and in my rubber couplers and everything. This blow by or something much worse?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
if your puttin on a turbo and you'll have things torn apart, you might want to take out the IC and clean it out along with the pipes. you could check them periodically to see if there is an unusual amount of oil after you get it all together...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
if oil is pooling then it's probably too much, but oil residue is 100% normal.

Excessive oil in the intake is either the turbo or excessive blowby (as long as your PCV is still connected).

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Idle PCV is the small hose from the valve cover to the throttle body. Crankcase evacuation under boost is accomplished by the large PCV hose from valve cover to the turbo intake hose.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya, all that is still connected...its not pooling anywhere, but its on the walls and in grooves on the rubber connectors...

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
That is most likely normal. The only way to know is what Bill always suggests. Keep a watch on the amount of oil you consume between oil changes and how many miles between changes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts