MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve been thinking about this for a while. I like having those little decals they put on your window after you get an oil change at a shop as a reminder to change your oil. I was wondering if you can buy a generic version (custom one would be nice - MR2 related :thumbup ) that you could just write the mileage and pop it on the corner of your windshield. I dont care if I d have to buy them in bulk. A lifetime supply would be ok, if it wast too expensive.

What do you call that material they re made of? I dont even know what to google search. I d like to get some sheets of it too. I have to put decals on my cars for parking at school, and the school changed to this stupid new rule where they issue a new one every semester. So each semester I have to scratch off the old one, and put a new one on. So I had this idea to stick it on some of that plastic sheeting, then lay that in the corner, and I dont have to worry about scratching up my windshield trying to peel it off later on.

Also I thought it would be nice to put decals on (the tasteful, not too ricey ones) and put them on the inside of windows (with tint, it wouldnt be too noticeable). This way you can peel them off if you change your mind, or relocate them (if they re not in the right enough spot, or new vehicles).

Anyway, any insight you have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
733 Posts
O'Riley's Auto Parts has them free.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
grregg said:
O'Riley's Auto Parts has them free.
Got those, but don't know how to write on them. Felt tip markers just wipe off and ball-points don't work. After trying everything at my disposal, I just ended up taping a piece of paper up there like white trash.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AW11ERIC said:
I use an app on my iPhone to remind me when an oil change is up.

Gas Cubby I believe it's called. You can track all sorts of stuff, including maintenance items like oil changes.
No fancy data phones here. I just like having that mileage reminder right there in front of me when I get in the car. I ll look into this when I upgrade my phone next May.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dry erase board in the garage.

Got a spot for each car i work on. Write down Date/Mileage and what type of oil, how many quarts, PN for the filter and the size of the wrench needed for the oil pan plug.

Also use those stickers from O'Reliy's - use a sharpie.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
druth925 said:
Have to look into this. You mean like they give you one when you buy your oil? Or they sell like a multi pack?
I mean fo free, you dont have to buy anything just go in and ask for one. Sometimes they have them by the air filters or oil filters but usually have a stash behind the counter. You can ask for more than one too, though I dunno about a whole roll.

You can also stop by any major oil change place and ask for one too.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for sharing all the tips and tricks you all have to remember when to maintain your cars. However, my preferred method is to have those little decals right in the corner of the windshield to remind me. I like the idea of hopping in the car and seeing it right before I turn the key to remind me whether its due or not for an oil change. I drive all three of my cars fairly often, and sometimes I forget and have to look up the last time I did the oil. I got some good info out of this thread and I appreciate it. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts