MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UNofficial: Feb 26th, St. Pete MR2 Meet (Festival of Speed)

What: St. Petersburg Festival of Speed...350 of the world's most expensive and exotic supercars on display http://www.festivalsofspeed.com

When: Sunday, February 26th, meet time (about 12:00, Tentative at this point)

Where: Meet in the Baywalk Parking Garage, corner of 2nd Ave N. and 2nd St. N.

(note, there is a small fee to park in the garage, I believe it's $5 or less)

Map:

Yahoo:
http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/index.ph...n=-82.637894153595&lat=27.7750762095733&mag=2

Google:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sll...ll=27.774649,-82.635856&spn=0.004784,0.007317

Directions:

From Orlando and from Tampa- Take I-4 west to Tampa, then go to 275 South, you'll go past over the bay on the Howard Frankland bridge, keep going about 10 more miles, you'll see the exit for Tropicana Field on the Left...follow that left and take the next exit to the right.

Take it, then make the next turn right, this will be Martin Luther King St. follow the roads until you see "Arlington Ave.", turn left there and follow it around the lake until you see 2nd Ave N.. It kinda merges into this on the right, then go straight until you see Baywalk, big entertainment area on your left. Then make the next left until you see the parking garage entrance.

The map should make it easy to follow, the streets are numbered, and it should be easy to get to.

Please post here if you plan on attending.

UPDATE

Not many people have shown interest so far, and I cannot guarantee spots in the parking garage for everyone, as there's apparently going to be a lot of cars in that area for different events. Parking there daily is already a b****

So Ive decided to change this to an unofficial gathering, for who wants to attend.

·
Registered
814 Posts
GoodSpeed150 said:
how did it turn out
Considering its not till this Sunday, I'm thinking there is no 'turnout' report at this time :smile:
See you all this Sunday.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i down for this, i was just at st. peter for the Wu-Tang conert at januis landings, it took me about 2 and a half hours to get there, but i was thinking of going to the drifting show in orlando this sunday coming up at the speedway. which should i choose??????

·
You can't handle the two!
410 Posts
I plan on going down to this event as long as nothing critical happens at work. I have a few work friends that are talking about driving their sports cars down as well (Eliese, EVO, Z06, STI ). There are some very rare cars at this event, I have never seen a Mclaren F1 in person so I gotta go.

·
410 Posts
Cruise from Orlando to St Pete on Sunday

It sounds like there will be a nice group of sports cars from my friends at work who are going to this event on Sunday. Since there is no offical MR2 group driving down there I'd say if anyone in the Orlando, Sanford , Lake Mary area wants to cruise to the event with us you are welcome to.

Here are the details:

Meet at 10am Sunday at Starbucks on 434 near 436 in Altamont Springs.
It's right next to Lowes Home Improvment & Kinkos in a little strip mall (there is Wal Mart there as well)
The address of lowes next to Starbucks is :
110 N. STATE ROAD 434
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL 32714
if you need to map quest it to find the area.

We will be departing for St Pete's at 10:20am and driving directly to the Festival of Speed. Hopefully there we can meet up with the Tampa crew at the show.

DISPLAY OF EXOTICS IN VINOY PARK Sunday, February 26th 10:00am - 5:00pm FREE

Directions from Starbucks on 434 to Festival of Speed:
http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...5th+Ave+Ne&2c=Saint+Petersburg&2s=FL&2z=33701

·
410 Posts
The Festival of Speed location

Vinoy Park
598 5th Ave Ne
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701, US

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I cracked my Greddy lip on the shi$$y St Pete street on my way to the show. While playing around w/ a Ford GT on the way home, the lip snapped completely in half :( I had to rip what was left of it off last night. Great show, and nice to meet you Chris and Kevin.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pio said:
I cracked my Greddy lip on the shi$$y St Pete street on my way to the show. While playing around w/ a Ford GT on the way home, the lip snapped completely in half :( I had to rip what was left of it off last night. Great show, and nice to meet you Chris and Kevin.
ooh, sorry to hear that, I noticed it was cracked but I didn't know it happened on the way there. I hate driving in St. Pete.

Anyway, yeah it was a good time, and I found your friend again (couldn't remember his name) and we tried to meet up with you again but couldn't find you. We hung out and watched the awards ceremony.

I touched the McLaren F1 :D

Jesse, where did you finally park? We were on the 6th floor of the Baywalk parking garage.

·
410 Posts
Chris,

I parked on Baywalk street I believe, right across from the Marina. I didn't see any MR2 owners at the show. Were you the guy we met up with in Orlando?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts