MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im looking at buying a Nos kit for my 4agze, but i was wondering, they say for turbo you need a wet kit, id assume its the same for SC?

also any idea what kit i should buy? i dont want direct port, i want something i can install myself.

cheers

·
cages R slow
1,981 Posts
nitros express makes a great wet kit. and yes, get a wet kit for sure, not a dry kit.

·
cages R slow
1,981 Posts
last i checked the world starts to revolved the other way... :D

naw a dry kit is simply less safe, less power... and only a bit cheaper. well a dry kit is also easier to install... nitros is one of those things u dont wanna fool around with - ie, do it right, and go big or go home. which means get a good wet kit, install 100% (no half ass wiring), get some safety goodies for it (fuel pressure cut safety); and last but not least dont bother with it unless you feel comfortable running a 50 shot.

i'm currently running a 75 wet shot on an NX kit. i also have a Nevo pully so my SC is putting out 12.5psi of boost..... best compairison is to say that hitting the nitros is like switching on the SC again. 1st gear u dont really even have time to (safely) hit the nitros, it RIPS thru 2nd gear like MAADDDD, and 3rd gear is fast and no longer leaves something to be desired, and 4th gear is like "wow, 4th shouldnt be this powerful" hahaha - when it was all said and done and installed i paid $550 and was well worth every penny and the time to install - hitting that button never loses its wow effect!

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice! I I always new Nitrous would be a nice thing to do on a GZE And defenatley on 4th gear Gze semms like it dies it pulls but not much....
well im about to do a Nevo pulley on my ae101 GZE.. and was also thinking on goin nitrous I have Dry Kit sitting there takin up space and not doin nuthin good....I was wondering how Can I make this a Wet Kit Its a NOS brand by the way..

Thankx

G

·
WET NOS

you will need a difrent nosel ie one with 2 jets one for fule and one for nos on top of that an extra solonide again so that you have one for fule and the one you alredy have for nos to be honist over here in uk i have found it cheaper to tell people to sell the dry kit and bye a wet kit as we pay up to ?60 for a good solonide plus the ?30 for a Nx shark bite nosle plus the jets plus the hose and then all the fidle couplings ect when a good wet kit comes with all you need for about ?350 take a look on ebay

·
cages R slow
1,981 Posts
i have an solonid for sale, its a NX brand - good quality

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 2 solenoids already will I need another one? Or can I use one for Nitrous and other for fuel I beleive they are both Nitrous solenoids,will I need a special fuel solenoid?
I will need a nozzle with the 2 jets..
anything else?
Ill see if I can convert my dry to wet for a descent amount of cash if not ill sell and get a new one..

The only thing, I dont have are, Jets and a bottle heater thermo, .. And the extra fuel feedin lines I will need..

·
Registered
648 Posts
You'll needs 2 sylonoids(1 for the nitrous and 1 for the gas. they are labled diffferentley but i don't know if they are different internally), 4 braided lines (1 for the bottle to the nitrous sylonoid, 1 for the gasfromt the fuel filter to the gas sylonoid and 2 from the sylonoids to the nozzle), jets, a switch to turn it on(wire in another defrost switch on the right hand side below the wipper switch), all the fittings and retard the timing 2 degrees and your laughing. Nitrous was the best investment i made for my mr2, have fun :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Beating on a dead horse here, but I have recently helped a young gun here with a AE101 4AGZE swap into an EP8x Starlet and he is not quite happy with 15.10 et at stock psi on street tires. He now wants to use n2o but doesn't quite know how big he can go.

So I would like to know from anyone using n2o on a gze how much of n2o the motor can put up with. 65, 85.... 125 shot of n2o??

·
cages R slow
1,981 Posts
i'd say 75 shot is semi risky but still within reasonably safe. if i really didnt care about my motor (i'm almost at that point - gonna put a 3sgte in soon) then i'd just run a 100 shot... i feel REALLY comfortable running a 50 shot, and IMO running a 35shot isnt even worth the PITA it is to install the damn kit

·
I <3 E85
6,057 Posts
I'm thinking about selling the NX kit on my Corolla (NX EFI wet kit with remote opener and purge)..if anybody is seriously interested, let me know :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
NX makes a "mainline kit". it can be had new for about 350....its a wet kit, pretty much just has the essentials with no flashiness, I may buy it after im done rebuilding my engine...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts