MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to build one over the summer I think. I'm new here and was wandering if there's any good tuners to go to that would be able to help me tune a trd sc on a 1mzfe? Any mr2 shops or shops in general that are realiable/worth while would also be welcome. Thanx for any and all info.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
tune it using what? piggybacks? or a ems. Ask RickyB, he has tuned a 1MZFE TRD SC w/Nemesis.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Norcalmr2 said:
Im going to build one over the summer I think. I'm new here and was wandering if there's any good tuners to go to that would be able to help me tune a trd sc on a 1mzfe? Any mr2 shops or shops in general that are realiable/worth while would also be welcome. Thanx for any and all info.
Why not spend the time and hook up the stock 1MZFE ECU with engine! That way the TRD SC will be a bolt-on mod and be more reliable.

Su

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
If you want a legal street car you will need to do the full ODBII swap with the stock ECU to the satisfaction of a referee. The stock ECU can handle up to around 3-4psi of boost with the TRD setup. That's enough to make for a very fast MR2.

Anything much beyond that, be ready to pay serious money for.

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
Sweet! That makes at least three people in the Sac valley trying to get one done this year.

As above, just use the stock ECU if you're going to use the OEM pulley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was planning on using a stock ECU. I was just wondering if there is any special tuning that needs to happen in addition to that? Also, do I need to mess w/ fuel system? injectors pump? Rickyb, any ideas as far as horse power to the wheels? Thanx a lot for all the help, this forum rocks as far as I'm concerned. props to everyone. Who are the other people in sac valley that are going to do one up? might be cool to cross reference if any of us have any problems.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Good to know fellow NorCal peeps are attempting the V6 swap :smile: I've been very interested in this swap for the past year. With the success of smog-legal setups by fellow board members in SoCal, this swap is looking very realistic for me as well. Unfortunately my automotive skills are very limited, so I would need the services of a local mechanic.

Su - can you perform this swap? Congrats on your new shop by the way :) I'm thinking sometime next year so I'll have enough time to save up.

To Norcalmr2 and the rest of NorCal V6 peeps good luck on your projects and keep us updated!

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
Norcalmr2 said:
I was planning on using a stock ECU. I was just wondering if there is any special tuning that needs to happen in addition to that? Also, do I need to mess w/ fuel system? injectors pump? Rickyb, any ideas as far as horse power to the wheels? Thanx a lot for all the help, this forum rocks as far as I'm concerned. props to everyone. Who are the other people in sac valley that are going to do one up? might be cool to cross reference if any of us have any problems.
There's tons of information in the V6 MR2 forum on what it takes to do the swap. I suggest you study it before you start the process and then I'll be happy to try to answer any remaining questions you might have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts