MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Nology hot wires just wondering where you guys grounded them to. I just wanna make sure I have the best grounds possible. My car obviously starts and runs smooth so I guess they are grounded in good spots right now but im just curious.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
What the? Yay for the noob. What are u guys doing?

[i'm like one of those little kids that walk in during the middle of a movie asking what's going on]

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
I ran them to the bolts that go into the exhaust manifold to hold the heat shield on. I got mine brand new for less than the OEM ones that toyota offers so i decided to buy other than that I wouldn't have paid the $150 or so they want for new ones from the company.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
yeah definately.. they do look about 100x better than the weeny stock wires (i run magnacors myself, even tho they do nothing)...

im pretty f-all when it comes to looks.. 90% of the time im looking for the most effective part.. the stock wires are just so tiny its sad :lol: if you wanna run nologies, cool.. they're definately on par with stock, just dont expect the huge gain that nology advertises..

are they "worth" it? nah.. neither are my magnacors... but i like em, and sometimes thats what matters?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have you used the Nology to know that you wont get the gains they advertise????
I agree with you, is a matter of what you like. Are they worth it? I dont know, it depends what you consider "worth it" . I noticed the difference when I changed over. I had stock, now I have nology, I can give an opinion because of that.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
nology has a liftime warrentee. hmmm this might be a good thing in the long run if the company still exist.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
91tealgreen said:
Just out of curiosity, have you used the Nology to know that you wont get the gains they advertise????
I agree with you, is a matter of what you like. Are they worth it? I dont know, it depends what you consider "worth it" . I noticed the difference when I changed over. I had stock, now I have nology, I can give an opinion because of that.
If you noticed a difference it was because your old wires sucked.

I switched from nology to OEM, and noticed absolutely no difference.

Ignition related "mods" do nothing for the power output of a car unless the old stuff is worn out. So many companies sell performance wires and plugs that do nothing it's not even funny.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
mr2000gte is dead on correct.

it takes X-amount of volts to jump a .044 gap at X-amount of load. it will ALWAYS take that amount at that load.

its physically impossible to get a "stronger" spark than the spark needed! it absolutely WONT happen.. now it is possible to get a weaker spark from an insufficient ignition (bad wires, bad plugs, bad gap etc etc)... but our cars dont have insufficient ignitions... you can actually run a fairly larger gap than stock and still fire dead on. if you feel a difference when "upgrading" your ignition, its only because your old stuff is worn.

a multiple spark discharge system can make a difference in feel, because the actual function of the ignition system has changed.. but any other up grade is bee-ess.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
MR2000GTE said:
If you noticed a difference it was because your old wires sucked.

I switched from nology to OEM, and noticed absolutely no difference.
Ignition related "mods" do nothing for the power output of a car unless the old stuff is worn out. So many companies sell performance wires and plugs that do nothing it's not even funny.
Well, in my case for whatever the reason was I noticed a difference, I m sorry to hear that you didnt.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
91tealgreen said:
Well, in my case for whatever the reason was I noticed a difference, I m sorry to hear that you didnt.
I see posts from people that can feel the difference in brands of oil! :)

Spark plug wires are just electrical conductor, just like the wiring in your house. "Upgrading" the plug wires cannot increase power.

bill

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
billwot said:
I see posts from people that can feel the difference in brands of oil! :)

Spark plug wires are just electrical conductor, just like the wiring in your house. "Upgrading" the plug wires cannot increase power.
bill
The wire may not increase power, but depending on the properties of the wires you may or may not loose power. Gold is the best conductor then copper. Also the insulation of the wires play a part on how the electric power goes through it, you might not be getting the amount require to fully spark. Let s just do a dyno with different wires and find out. Or hook up wires to a multimeter and put some current through it and find out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts