MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently bought a '03 MR2 w/ the SMT. Well my issue is that the gauges are not functioning (speedo, tach, fuel, and temp) nor are the digital readouts working or A/C button and the airbag light and check engine lights are on. I was told by the gentleman that I purchased the vehicle from that it was working until the second ECU was "flashed" by a dealership. The original was shorted out by rodents supposedly causing him to replace the wiring harness and the original. I trust that he replaced the wiring harness correctly as he runs a local body shop and does a lot of work on the local law enforcement vehicles (friggin' wiring nightmares). My question to the community is, will replacing the ECU solve my issue? I've been through the fuses and they seem to be good (no corrosion, scorching, etc.), anything I might have overlooked?

·
Registered
2001 Black 5-speed manual
1 Posts
If a dealership flashed my ECU and my gauges stopped working, the car would still be at the dealership until it was corrected. Why would anyone not make a dealership responsible for fixing an issue they caused? Points only one direction to me... I know this doesn't solve the problem but either the wiring wasn't done right or the ECU is bad so you're still at square one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.