MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 mk2 5sfe i just bought earlier this year. When i bought it the previous owner had everything rigged the fu%$ up amd now i cant use any of the functions that come from that fuse box blinkers, brake lights, gauges, etc. He had everything wired with speaker wire and before i realized what i was doing i i had removed everything he had wired up to work now i have nothing unless i jump the power and then i get a nasty idle and a weak voltage on my battery also trying to drive like that makes the car feel like its running ****** and when i do use those functions like the brakes or turn signals my volt gauge drop dramatically sometimes to 11.5 . I checked and replaced all the fuses but nothing now im stumped please help my brothers and sisters

·
2,213 Posts
You'll either need to study the wiring diagram closely and repair what has been done or get a whole replacement harness to undo what has been done and get rid of any doubt that it's not going to work.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll either need to study the wiring diagram closely and repair what has been done or get a whole replacement harness to undo what has been done and get rid of any doubt that it's not going to work.
[/Q
Sounds like your alternator isn't charging if your voltage is 11.5. Have you checked the 120 amp fuse in the front trunk fuse box? Do you have a copy of the wiring diagram? It's available free here the 91 diagram should work for your 92.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks i read the wiring diagram and found it was a fuse in the frunk much appreciated brother

1 - 6 of 6 Posts