MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is for MR2s that are up for trade.
Not other cars.

Please see board rules:

"Posting non-MR2 related parts or cars for sale is not allowed on the board. Please use ebay, yahoo, or some other site to sell your stuff."

·
Registered
225 Posts
umm isnt that kinda dumb. If there is someone looking to get into mr2s and he cant even ask if someone wants to trade an mr2 for his car. ??!!??? no offense but where do u come off stoping future mr2 enthusiest??

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
As far as I understand the rule, it's to keep non-mr2 parts and cars off the board. You still have every opportunity to offer your car to an mr2 owner that has posted his/her car in this section or the straight sale section if they say they'd entertain trades.
It isn't designed to hinder your search for a car, just keep the boards cleaner and faster.

DSM4life is your name but you want an MR2? gonna rebadge it? :p

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are free to offer your car as trade to whomever you wish.
All we are saying is that you can not start your own thread to get rid of your car on here.

G

·
For those of you wanting an mr2, why don't you first find a 2 for sale of interest to you and ask the seller if he /she /they are interested in a full or partial trade, and tell them what you have to offer. The worst they can say is "NO". Who knows, you may be able to work out a better deal than what was posted. No need for site bashing as this is a site specifically for mr2's. Just my 2 cents. JekylandHYDE, we need to talk ASAP about a possible build! ;)

G

·
Ok..... that rule is sort of bazzare. Think about it, you would have to go to each and every MR2 for sale thread in hopes of them wanting to trade... and for your car. When you could just post a want to trade ad in here with your car. Basically, the rule is going to be limiting MR2 trades for other MR2's. And if you post that you want to trade your MR2 on here, the chances of someone actually having your car is next to nothing. Anyway, the only point you have is keeping it clean, when this is the only forum out of 7 other forums I post at that doesn't allow other cars on their forums. I've seen the trade threads and it doesn't conjust or interfere with the car the forum is originially for at all. I would give this a try and see how it goes, because its certainly preventing me from getting an MR2. I don't have time to search through every thread every day, make a post on each one, and listen for a reply on each one. It's alot more convienant and i'm almost positive won't affect the MR2 sales considering the cars would be trading for MR2's, not a random car for another random car.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been an MR2 owner for 13 years, I have owned 12 MR2s and I do not advertise my non-MR2s for sale or trade on here.

If I was interested in getting rid of a non-MR2 by trading it for an MR2, I would look through this sub-forum to see what MR2s are available for trade and offer my car to them. I would also be grateful that in order for me to do that I would not have to wade through a pile of other, unrelated cars I am not interested in.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
JekylandHyde:

First I'd like to apologize for breaking this rule with my 2nd post on the board. I misinterpreted the rules.

Second, I'd like to say that until your most recent post, I agreed with everyone else bashing this rule. But the part about "would also be grateful that in order for me to do that I would not have to wade through a pile of other, unrelated cars I am not interested in" helped me to see your point. I finally understand where you are coming from.

However I do agree that it is very difficult to hit up every thread in this sub forum offering my car as a trade. Would it be possible to create a sub forum for "non-mr2's for trade for an mr2"? I know that Bill pays for the site, but I don't think one more sub forum would break the bank.

If there is a site suggestions forum, I would be happy to propose this there, but I haven't gotten a chance to browse through the entire board (this thing is huge!)

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Bob,

Thanks for your understanding. It's nice to have someone engage in dialogue with an open mind on the subject instead of just bashing/complainging right away.

Thank you.

The first forum on the board is message board's announcement's and questions.
That is where you can make suggestions and ask questions.

I would be doubtful that you would get your wish though, because one of the primary reasons non-MR2s (and all other stuff i.e. refrigerators, video games, skate boards, etc) are not allowed on here for sale/trade is that it discourages people from signing up just to get rid of their stuff.

Unfortunately, there are those out there that just log onto any-old board just to try to advertise their stuff.

That is some of the reasoning behind the rules.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I understand how most feel on here, but i've been on & sold/bought/traded many items on other forums.

If you really check them out, they become like the dead sea lingering there with no buyer's/trader's of unwanted things, cars.
I have 3 buddies that used to be non-mr2 owner's til i told them about this board.

They wanted to trade & actually traded there cars thur this board, but with the rules in mind.
It can/does become hard sometimes, but they did it without breaking the rules.
1 of them took 4 months to find one on here, but he did it!
Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Hey sorry about breaking the rules. I didnt even see the huge sticky at the top :smile: . But i do kinda see your point because the boards really can get cluttered with people trying to get rid of crap. And i know it can work when you just post in someones FS thread asking if they want trades. What i think the real problem might be is the name of this section. To me it was decieving because i saw MR's wanted to buy or trade and thought that it meant to trade for an MR2. Cuz usually these sections are all about wanting an car, not getting rid of one. Maybe it might work better if the trading part went into the for sale section instead. Then when people post in there they can start it with either FS: or TRADE: or even FS/TRADE: for people looking for either, that way you dont even need to search much to know who selling would be interesting in trading.

IDK just my suggestion i guess. What do you guys think

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Yeah...I want to trade my 95 Celica GT for an MR2 turbo, but I read the rules and I can't post it on here. I have an 85 MKI also, but I want an SW20...maybe we could have a section for people in my situation?

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
MasonF said:
Yeah...I want to trade my 95 Celica GT for an MR2 turbo, but I read the rules and I can't post it on here. I have an 85 MKI also, but I want an SW20...maybe we could have a section for people in my situation?
People in your situation have 2 options.

1) Post a want to buy thread. Detail the car you're looking for and mention that you have car you'd be willing to offer in trade. This does not mean you can post 50 pictures of your trade car or a 5 page description of it.

2) Browse the sale threads and if one interests you offer your car as a trade. If the seller is agreeable, you may just luck out. If not, move on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whoops!

Well just add me to the list of new kids on the block who posted without reading all the rules. :angel:
Sorry!!
I'll be trudging off to the MR2 for sale section to see if anyone wants an SVX!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
David Hawkins said:
People in your situation have 2 options.

1) Post a want to buy thread. Detail the car you're looking for and mention that you have car you'd be willing to offer in trade. This does not mean you can post 50 pictures of your trade car or a 5 page description of it.

2) Browse the sale threads and if one interests you offer your car as a trade. If the seller is agreeable, you may just luck out. If not, move on.
Tried that and got deleted. Put my srt4 up for trade but it was remomved the next day. Any other reason im overlooking?

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Muggus said:
Tried that and got deleted. Put my srt4 up for trade but it was remomved the next day. Any other reason im overlooking?
You made a thread posting your car in trade. That is not what I said. If you find the MR2 you want, you may offer your car in trade to that seller in his sale thread or via PM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
that rule is ____ing retarded... some of us are trying to get an MR2, so we can join this forum and actually post among the other mr2 owners... so we are trying to trade what we have to get an MR2... id say either make a non-mr2 fs or wtt thread... or you should let us post in this one... kinda gay in my honest opinion : )

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
X4FRNT said:
that rule is ____ing retarded... some of us are trying to get an MR2, so we can join this forum and actually post among the other mr2 owners... so we are trying to trade what we have to get an MR2... id say either make a non-mr2 fs or wtt thread... or you should let us post in this one... kinda gay in my honest opinion : )
Welcome to our forum. While we appreciate your input, it would be nice if you could try and be somewhat more amicable in the future. Telling us that a longstanding rule that has worked for years is '____ing retarded' isn't likely to get you noticed in a good way.

As has been stated - if you have something to trade, offer it in a sale thread on a car that you're interested in. It's really simple, why make it difficult?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
David Hawkins said:
Welcome to our forum. While we appreciate your input, it would be nice if you could try and be somewhat more amicable in the future. Telling us that a longstanding rule that has worked for years is '____ing retarded' isn't likely to get you noticed in a good way.

As has been stated - if you have something to trade, offer it in a sale thread on a car that you're interested in. It's really simple, why make it difficult?
when i first heard of this i though it was dum also but now i relize its pretty simple and i understand why they have this rule.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
lazy people dont want to check out individual sales to ger rid of theirs....rules been around a while. And one of the biggest reason why i like this board is because i see nothing else but MR2s!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts