MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to any of the first two tours? No ES so far at either of these events. I was actually gonna go to the EL Paso tour, but nobody's running in ES.

Joe Silva

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I just haven't sent in my registration for SD yet...

·
Registered
324 Posts
SpyderVenom said:
I hadn't noticed it but I know that 3-4 ES MR2 owners around here sold thier cars anticipating that the Miata was coming.
What a bunch of wimps!

They could have at least waited for a Miata to actually appear, or maybe even demonstrate some amount of superiority.

Out west, the E Stock exodus preceded the Miata threat by a year or two. In fact, I think that the E Stock exodus was the primary reason that the Miata reclass went through.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Orthonormal said:
What a bunch of wimps!

They could have at least waited for a Miata to actually appear, or maybe even demonstrate some amount of superiority.

Out west, the E Stock exodus preceded the Miata threat by a year or two. In fact, I think that the E Stock exodus was the primary reason that the Miata reclass went through.
You've got to be kidding. The later miata already demonstrated it's superiority. I ran my 1.6 miata back when it was in BS. I switched to a MR2 after the miata's were denied the drop to ES the first time. Then the same whiners and organized letter writting campain happened the next year and eventually wore the SEB down. My MR2 will be gone next week. PS I wouldn't touch a 94-97 miata unless I was planning on a 1 or 2 year car. The combination with CS is a train wreck on the way with the next stock reorg.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
There's at least a couple of us that are gonna put up a fight at least. Maybe we should start our letter writing campaign to move us to GS. The '05 Mini Cooper has more power and a LSD, and just as much tire...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who knows, with all the shuffling goin on next year, we may have a street prepared class open up for us. How fast is a SP MR2? DSP? Kik ass if FSP! Just wishful thinkin', but it leads you to wonder.

Im not gonna give up, I just bought a crap load of tires!

Joe Silva

·
Registered
51 Posts
PseudoRealityX said:
There's at least a couple of us that are gonna put up a fight at least. Maybe we should start our letter writing campaign to move us to GS. The '05 Mini Cooper has more power and a LSD, and just as much tire...
Try for DS, The 1.6 miatas are already asking for GS.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Squall, what class are u gonna be in E or B stock? I think im pretty close to just riding along with someone there and co-driving in DSP. Only one signed up in ES.

Joe Silva

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
We've got 5 here in SD. Of course, 4 are local guys, only one of whom (Bill) I'd expect to possibly see at Atwater or Nationals. I'll applaud the SEB for turning what was a growing (albeit re-growing) class into a ghost town. :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Randy! Yeah we will be making as many tours and solos as possible this year, planning on Wendover as well. I am hoping the Brown's will be showing up for the SD Tour. Will have to say 'Hi' to them at Fontana and ask 'em I guess. Got some very good wet conditions practice on Sunday at the CalClub event, very appropriate as the SD Tour has an infamous history for un-San Diego like weather.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
I'm at least doing the sd tour, I may do the Atwater pro to, I'll have too see closer to the event. Do you think it would be appropriate for me to get "I FEAR NO MIATA" applied across my trunk when I get some new numbers made up:p

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jesse,

I may still drive either in DSP or in F125. Im about 50-50 still on ES. $ is the issue with me on this one. I may ride up with the owner of the rides i may co-drive. The hotel for three nights is gonna hurt me especially if i get the urge to go to Houston this year. Where r u guys stayin? Did u haggle any Miata R's to come play?

Joe

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
AutoXSS said:
Jesse,

I may still drive either in DSP or in F125. Im about 50-50 still on ES. $ is the issue with me on this one. I may ride up with the owner of the rides i may co-drive. The hotel for three nights is gonna hurt me especially if i get the urge to go to Houston this year. Where r u guys stayin? Did u haggle any Miata R's to come play?

Joe
I don't know if you read the miata thread i posted, but Brian Johns and his wife said they will be in ES in a miata in Arkansas. And she will drive open if it helps us get a class.

There's no bumping at Tours, so we don't have to play with CS or anything like that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts