MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a tko 2.5in and stock dp. I was thinking of buying a dp but i'm worried i'll fail emissions with no cats. Also, i'm worried about noise. I know a dp is a great mod for our cars but will I pass emissions? Also, how much of a hassle is it to replace the stock dp on to pass emissions if a new dp will make me fail? Mods I have are CT27, TKO 2.5, Greddy IC, Intake, NGK Coppers at .028, MBC @ 15psi. Will a dp help me (I don't plan on upgrading fuel or ecu)?

·
Registered
581 Posts
a couple of year ago i had nearly identicl mods as yours except an (stock cat no secondary cat and failed) i dunno how strick NJ tests are compaired to texas but i ended up building an emmisions passer which is primarily just a bolt on exhaust that i weilded 3 cats in series and drive it over to the place like that get on the rollers then come back homeand put my exhaust back on. bunno if that helps you any but good luck on your car

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
JasonTX said:
i weilded 3 cats in series and drive it over to the place like that get on the rollers then come back homeand put my exhaust back on. bunno if that helps you any but good luck on your car
That is pretty much what I am going to have made...and then cross my fingers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts